And now banned for life.

·
shay2nak
25,052 Posts
what a knuckle

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
The real interesting thing will be to see how Cuba spins it. My wife (who grew up there) says that it depends on who he knows in the communist hierarchy. She said the odds are pretty good that they'll spin it that the judge was a capitalist bastard who had sold out to the Americans and was unfairly punishing their poor comrade and use it as a means of getting people all up in arms and solidarity. Obviously, they should all be pissed at him for reflecting poorly on the country that supports him and that he is representing.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Self control, discipline and respect for others are fundamental principals of karate and almost all other forms of martial arts ;) (unless you go to over the dark side :evil:).

Being banned for such behavior - especially in competition - is appropriate.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Looks like in the video aftermath, he also threw a punch at one of the blue-jacketed IOC officials upon the platform as well. :eek:

Not like it was a referee's discretionary type call either or anything. Those rules are clear, and the timer (injury time-out timer countdown) clearly visible. If he was gonna kick anybody in the kisser, it shoulda been whichever of his trainers on the platform with him, that shoulda watched that timer, and had his athlete up and ready for his time-in, in time!

·
Registered
278 Posts
The referee's facial expression in that picture is a hilarious classic.. rotfl

Looks like he was trying to imitate a chinese chef... "Ahh yes, shwimp fwy wice.. vewy good!"

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
Looks like in the video aftermath, he also threw a punch at one of the blue-jacketed IOC officials upon the platform as well. :eek:

Not like it was a referee's discretionary type call either or anything. Those rules are clear, and the timer (injury time-out timer countdown) clearly visible. If he was gonna kick anybody in the kisser, it shoulda been whichever of his trainers on the platform with him, that shoulda watched that timer, and had his athlete up and ready for his time-in, in time!
no. totally untrue. if he was to kick anyone in a martial art competition, it should have been his opponent, and only during the competition event.
no exceptions.
ive played sports all my life. i can count on 1 hand how many times i have expressed any opinion to an ump or referee on a play i was involved in.
thats how i was taught.
game officials are untouchable.
and abt kicking your coach? coaches are untouchable too. anyone who strikes their coach should get their ever lovin bell rung but good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts