The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me if there is a HP gain with the install of a cup air box? If so is the install hard or just a simple bolt in?:shrug:

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
No hp gain that I know of, but it does increase the surface area of the air filter, and changes the sound somewhat (most people like the difference, I didn't).

You really need a friend to help with the install, as it's not as easy as some make it out to be.

I would say it's a worthwhile mod for nothing else than the low price/additional filter surface area.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
No hp gain that I know of, but it does increase the surface area of the air filter, and changes the sound somewhat (most people like the difference, I didn't).

You really need a friend to help with the install, as it's not as easy as some make it out to be.

I would say it's a worthwhile mod for nothing else than the low price/additional filter surface area.
Might take an extra 15-30 min, but it was pretty easy.

And Fatbug, without an ECU flash, expect that no "performance" modification on a FED Elise/Exige will actually add any horsepower.

·
shay2nak
25,171 Posts
I heard stock box with green filter gave about 5hp, so I'd imagine cup box with similar filter will give same result.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a cup box and TRD reusable filter. I didn't gain any HP from this combo, but the TRD sticker gave me about 3 extra HP.
You must have put the TRD sticker on the bumper of your Lotus. It"s not a HP gain, It's the Lotus trying to get it off!!rotfl:nanner:

BTW I have looked on here to find a number for the Green Filter for the Cup air Box and have not had any luck. Does Green Filter make one for the Cup Air Box?:shrug:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts