The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan to daily drive the exige, and there is one for sale that has the ohlins lotus cup suspension on. Are the ohlins going to be really harsh, and be high maintenance or need rebuilds often? I live in the bay area (northern CA) and the roads are far from butter. :shrug:

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I read these are designed with slicks in mind. Not good for street then? I suppose I could always swap with someone else?

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
How about re-valving?

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
It is easy enough to replace the coilovers. It takes about 20 minutes per wheel.

Base shocks sell for $200 routinely on this site. You can just have two sets, one for street and one for track.

In fact, I can sell you those shocks. 7,000 miles on them.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I have the Sport Elise Ohlins on my daily driver and they are fantastic on the street.

The whole key is that they are fully adjustable for both compression and rebound. You can just keep backing them off until you reach Cadillac level. Then tighten them back up on the track. Even at higher settings they are far less harsh than the regular Lotus Sport Suspension.

Keep some sort of records on your track settings so that you can always return to them. Much of the harshness felt on the street is from too much compression, not high spring rates.

:up:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts