The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read the rave reviews several folks have given to the Lotus Sport/Cup Car Ohlins, which have piqued my interest. I originally passed on the LSS when I bought my car because I feared it would be too harsh. But between what I've heard about the Lotus Sport Ohlins and the fact that I'm now tracking the car, I'm beginning to look at them as an option.:evil:

My question is this -- is anyone running them on the street? Are they sufficiently compliant to deal with the bumps and potholes we get in the Northeast? I greatly appreciate any input.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I've been in an Exige with the Lotus Sport Ohlins and they are even better for street bumps than the standard suspension. IMO they're the best street/track suspension you can buy for our cars off the shelf, but they are also a few hundred dollars pricier than the non-Lotus Ohlins and Nitrons.

FYI the Cup Car Ohlins are not the Lotus Sport ones, they are different. Cup Car suspension demands race slicks and have very high spring rates, I don't recommend these for a street car.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Hi Diesel -

My 07 Exige S has the Cup Car Ohlins -(I usually trailer to track events & run A005 slicks). They work great at the track.

I rarely drive my Lotus on the street (since it involves a wheel/tire change), but with the suspension at softest settings, I find it absorbs bumps better than the stock LSS suspension - but YMMV.

Suggest you get a ride in one first...

Cheers,
-Darryl

Edit: Spring rates on these are 457 lbs/in front, and 571 lbs/in rear.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks very much for the responses. I did not understand that the Lotus Sport Ohlins were different from the Cup Car ones. This falls into the category of "very glad I asked."

The idea of riding in one sounds great, although given my location, I doubt anyone will be in the mood for a Sunday drive until at least March. That said, if anyone in the NY metro area has either suspension and is willing to take his or her car out, please PM me.

In the meantime, if others could share their experiences with Cup Car Ohlins or Lotus Sport Ohlins on the street, I'd appreciate it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts