The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone put together a list of CUP CAR parts that can be used for the 07+ Exige non CUP cars?

if so can someone point me towards the right direction

if not...lets start a list

THANX!

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Well, there's the Cup Airbox.

I wouldn't mind getting the Electrical Shutoff and Fire Suppression switches. But that would take some work and isn't plug-n-play at all.

Cup Car suspension should be swappable and I think I read somewhere you can order the GT3 suspension?

·
shay2nak
24,978 Posts
you can also buy...

- cup brakes
- cup roof
- cup IC
- cup recaro seat
- cup wheels

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
I assume we're talking about the cup255 (the 240 didn't have a few of these things).

- Don't forget the cat is deleted (not sure how this is tied into the ECU for throwing no codes)

the cage, shutoff switch, fire supression would be $$$

·
Registered
466 Posts
Just thought I'd let you guys know, CUP car - Electrical Fire Extinguisher System & Remote Power Disconnect is made by OMP, you can buy these directly from OMP.

The above is easy to buy, to fit, you need to remove the seats, drill into the firewall to run the wiring from the cabin into the engine bay and ideally pull the rear clam off for a factory fit.

What you can't buy however, is the rings, screws, bolts & assembly from the CUP car.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Just thought I'd let you guys know, CUP car - Electrical Fire Extinguisher System & Remote Power Disconnect is made by OMP, you can buy these directly from OMP.

The above is easy to buy, to fit, you need to remove the seats, drill into the firewall to run the wiring from the cabin into the engine bay and ideally pull the rear clam off for a factory fit.

What you can't buy however, is the rings, screws, bolts & assembly from the CUP car.
Well half the problem is solved. :sad:

ACCESSORIES/OMPAMERICA

·
Registered
466 Posts
I've had a look at the master brochure above, same deal. There are certain things you can't get (IE - The 2 CUP car rings, assy) and plenty more not listed (IE - CUP spec ECU, specific interior/exterior bits and pieces) as I previously mentioned, these parts cannot be bought unless you have a CUP car to begin with.

BTW, the OMP Fire Extinguisher used on the Lotus 260 Cup is different from the 240/255 Cup. The 260 Cup is using OMP P/N - CB/367 | 4.25L Aluminium Electronic Fire Extinguisher.

And the remote battery disconnect switch is OMP P/N - EA/462 | 6 Pole Remote Alternator/Battery Disconnect.

There is no point in paying for "Lotus Sport" labelled not even branded parts and pay up to 100% of the extra price. Even most of the parts for sale in the master brochure are not made by Lotus. Might as well buy em directly from the source manufacturers vs. paying additional mark-up for the same thing.

Unless of course, it gives you piece of mind that "Lotus Sport" is better or will fit perfectly, other than that it's simply a psychological factor, not fact.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
^yea thats why i wanted to know and have a list, if things can be sorted out somewhere else and cost less, then why not

but if its something 'JUST' for Lotus, then i have no choice but to purchase from them

thanx for the 411

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
There is no point in paying for "Lotus Sport" labelled not even branded parts and pay up to 100% of the extra price. Even most of the parts for sale in the master brochure are not made by Lotus. Might as well buy em directly from the source manufacturers vs. paying additional mark-up for the same thing.

Unless of course, it gives you piece of mind that "Lotus Sport" is better or will fit perfectly, other than that it's simply a psychological factor, not fact.
Most of the time they also include the extra bits you need to fit the item that do not come from the OEM of the component. The accusump is a good example of that and there are many more.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts