The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
January 20th we ordered from Lotus via Lotus Garage a 08 style hardtop for our 07 Exige. 10 weeks later it arrived on Wednesday 4/15. Last night I removed from the box getting ready for the install today, here's what I found: -eek-

The back edge of the top was resting against the bottom of the box with out any padding other than a slight air gap. In my opinion not a great way to package. We'll see what we can work out come Monday with Lotus and Lotus Garage. We hope Lotus can step up and get a replacement out to us ASAP.

J&P

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
I feel your pain... :sad: I waited months for my Cup roof too... and it was packed the same way. I hope this is resolved quickly...

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys! I'm sure it will work out, just needed to vent. Spring is finally here in Minnesota, we had just gotten the Exige out and the timing was perfect.

J&P

·
shay2nak
25,133 Posts
i guess the shippers didn't get the "FRAGILE" part...

·
Registered
6,962 Posts
For a cup roof, I guess I got lucky. Found a Lotus dealer that had a Prototype Composites Carbon Fiber cup roof laying in inventory for a couple of years. Wound up selling/shipping it to me for about half what an OEM fiberglass roof sells for.

Had the local dealer paint it body color. Once painted, it is indistinguishable from an OEM roof.

Had the thing on the car, painted, within 10 calendar days of ordering it! All totalled with paint for a little over half of what a painted OEM fiberglass roof would've cost.

·
Registered
6,962 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
I would guess, from previous experience, that the claim process would somehow involve UPS. When I had to replace an APR air dam that was damaged during shipment, I had to wait for the UPS insurance investigation to play out before obtaining the new spoiler. Not trying to jinx you, just sharing my experience. Good luck with your replacement.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
That sucks donkey dicks in hell. I hope it's resolved quickly and painlessly for you sir.

I like the Mr. T look of the new roof more than the pseudo-balding Mohawk of the original.

Lotus has been a bit slow for me as well. I ordered a leather center console and HVAC surround 4 months ago and still haven't gotten them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts