The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know with a sports car it's all about the driving etc etc. Hit me with your ridicule but I need a cup holder.

I would like to run up to Starbucks and grab a coffee without having to drive another car.

Have I not yet found the "hidden cup holder" or does anyone have a solution they use that works.

Thanx for the laughs in advance.

·
Registered
422 Posts
When I go to Starbucks in the Lotus, I usually ask them for a cup holder, and place it on the passenger floor. And drive carefully. Only once did this result in a spill.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
The hidden cup holder is between your legs. Just make sure it's not scorching hot coffee. On hot days an Icee feels great! rotfl j/k

... Anyway what Bware says.

The only drawback is that the some cups with caps can catch on the ridge along the leather ridge just above it. I've had that ridge catch and pop my cap off a few times (fortunately no spillage). That and you have to be careful closing your car door if you leave your drink in the car.

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
I do this if it fits (like a soda can) but it isn't perfect and things move around.
So has anyone lost anything in the door panel from the opening in the door pull? I fear my lifesavers are gone forever. What I did was stuff some fuel tank foam in the opening and in an inch or so. You do not know its even there. Its a material that is actually soft and its not foam as much as an open mesh material. I have an extra square that goes up to the intent for a cup. It has just enough resistance to hold a cup really nice. When not in use I just put it in the area on the side of the seat at the floor. Any type of foam would work fine. Get the density you feel needed to hold the appropriate beverage you like.

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,103 Posts
I like. where did you get that?
I bought a cup holder for a Porsche a while back off ebay. I haven’t seen them on there for a while but it was very similar to the one sold here: Porsche EVO Super Cup Holder For Most Porsche Models - Porsche Parts and Accessories .

I then modified the mounting end so that I could mount it off my seat adjustment bar. I used 2 stainless two-piece clamp-on shaft collars to mount onto the seat adjustment bar and drilled and tapped them to bolt the actual cup holder to. I can quickly remove the 2 screws that the cup holder mounts with and leave the shaft collars on the seat adjustment bar for re-installing. You could also easily mount it on the passenger side if you want to.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts