The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at Pep Boys getting some cleaning supplies and spotted a cup holder. I know that sooner or later I'm gonna be driving with some coffee. I can't help it, I'm addicted.
It's the type of cup holder that is meant to slide into the window well. When I went back to the car I "chickened out". I was sure that I was going to wreck the window or scratch up something, so I bagged the idea. On a whim I stuck it in the well between the two seats. I didn't really think it would be secure there....but what the Hell. When i tried to pull it out, I couldn't. It was securely in the well!! It turns out that my sunglass case was also in the well and it was giving enough pressure on the cup holder strap to lock it in. Bottom line, I got me a neat lil cup holder. It blends in pretty well. I thought I'd share my find with you hard core coffee drinkers. (i'm going to try to attach photo..not sure if it will work :( )

Nomad

Attachments

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Very tastefully done with the color coordinated cupholder and tape;)

Cupholders in the elise...... can the end of the world as we know it be far off?????:D
Chris

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Considering the suspension on the Elise, someone had better come up with a cupholder with it's own shock absorbers .

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Huggy,
Lotus was making one, I saw it at LCU earlier this year, might try Bell-Covill in the UK, they also will custom trim it for you
Chris

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
pianomaniac said:
Considering the suspension on the Elise, someone had better come up with a cupholder with it's own shock absorbers .
Use a chasecam mount for the cupholder to stablize the cup?

·
Registered
971 Posts
pianomaniac said:
I suppose a gimbal mounted, gyro stabilized cup holder would add too much weight.:huh:

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
I've been driving around with a baseball cap that holds 2 drinks (suppose to be beer) and it works just fine. I can't figure out why people point and laugh at me.
j/k, really.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
Huggy,
Lotus was making one, I saw it at LCU earlier this year, might try Bell-Covill in the UK, they also will custom trim it for you
Chris
I checked Bell Colvill but didn't find it. I remember seeing in online somwhere.:shrug:

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
wallabyguy said:
Before you guys say anything, please note my wife figured this out. It turns out that the Elise has not 1, not 2 but 3 cup holders!
NICE!!! :clap: :clap:

Just like Lotus (Chapman) to make a part have more than one use!!! :D

Kiyoshi

·
Registered
389 Posts
I used to pick up coffee this way on my way to work (in my first Elise, in London). I thought I posted about it here, but maybe not. Just goes to show that women think a certain way. :)

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
yeah but 3 will assure warm toes if you drink coffee

1 - 16 of 16 Posts