The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While thumbing through the latest Griot's Garage catalogue, I discovered a Folding Cup Holder for $16.99 that just might work in the Elise. It is described as "ingeniously designed" to glide open with a one-handed touch and to adjust to fit and secure all types of cups, glasses and bottles. It hols 9 fl. oz. cans or 1 liter water bottles and cups from 2 1/4" to 3 1/4". It is the same cup holder used in the 500 SL Mercedes. WHen closed it measures 4 3/4" x 4". It can be mounted horizontally or vertically on almost any surface. It is very good looking, and it folds away to next to nothing when not in use. I have no ability to post a pic, but maybe someone else on here can give it a shot. It may also be at www.griotsgarage.com.

In the same cataloge there are German-desiged Hella horns for $69.99and "super-loud Italian air horns" for $39.00.

Finally, there is a trunk cargo tote that measures 25" by 15" divided Cargo Tote for $44.99. It folds down flat when not in use. I figured that it could fit flat in the bottom of the trunk then I could pop it up for a divided holder for grocery sacks and other odd things that I don't want rolling around.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I just got 2 of those from Girot's. But I'm not sure where I'd mount them, so I may return them.

I had thought of putting velcro on the plastic door sills (toward the front end), and velcor on the cupholders -- then, I could just pull them out (from behind the seat) when I wanted them, and velcro them in place. But when they were off, the velcro on the door sill would look stupid, so I changed my mind.

Still, if you think of a good place, I'm in for it.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FuelGuard

Griots also has a soft rubber flap that goes around the fuel filler inlet to protect the paint from fuel spills and the fuel filler nozzle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts