The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my name is Kevin, and 22 years old with a few years before I graduate college. I'm not a Lotus owner, but recently, I've been getting interested in Lotuses, particularly the Exige. It's not a dream, rather just a goal (and milestone) to get a Lotus. Anyway, I was watching Top Gear's Exige S vs Mustang GT, and I noticed that one of the side panels of the car was shaking.

So it comes down to two things: what's the strangest/most extreme form of "body integrity issues" (as Consumer Report likes to call them) you've experienced? And how well do Lotuses live in cold, harsh winter states like NY?

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
The car is known to have lots of squeeks and rattles, but I've never known any part of the body to shake... and no body part should

I'd say the worst one is probably sometimes when I start the car cold, the exhaust starts hitting the diffuser or something back there and a very loud vibration/rattling is heard for a few seconds

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Once I saw "Kevin," and not, let's say, "Katy," I began to lose interest in this thread. ;)

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Well, when you put it like that... I haven't experienced any body issues whatsoever. Very solid. I've heard some of the Exige hatches rattle a bit, but there is an easy fix out there for that.

·
Registered
9,273 Posts
Hi, my name is Kevin, and 22 years old with a few years before I graduate college. I'm not a Lotus owner, but recently, I've been getting interested in Lotuses, particularly the Exige. It's not a dream, rather just a goal (and milestone) to get a Lotus. Anyway, I was watching Top Gear's Exige S vs Mustang GT, and I noticed that one of the side panels of the car was shaking.

So it comes down to two things: what's the strangest/most extreme form of "body integrity issues" (as Consumer Report likes to call them) you've experienced? And how well do Lotuses live in cold, harsh winter states like NY?
Some Exiges have lost their hardtops on the highway.

Lotus don't live in cold, harsh winter states. Just like the old people who drive them, they move to FL in the winter. Well, at least the silver-topped ones do.

·
Registered
856 Posts
I live in md and drive 50 miles each way to Baltimore for work and back to home. Winter can get cols and snowy. I hate drivng the car in the rain, much less the snow. I have left my car in random parking lots due to slick icy/snowy conditions. If you get a lotus, you are better off using it as your second car. Winter+the lotus is no fun.

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts