The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a lot of discussion going on, so I just wanted to confirm my understanding of the current Elise status in a nutshell:

1) A delay in parts (probably LSS) has caused a slight delay in production.

2) A ship with the first batch of Elise (mostly demos) is at or is off the coast of Canada (New Brunswick).

So, what you happen if you did not order the LSS. Would your car come in sooner, or will Lotus hold all cars?

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
-all based on information reported here from buyers from their dealers-

All cars are being held until all cars are available for all dealers. Based on some changes done by Lotus UK, not all dealer demo cars were shipped out in the first batch. When all cars for each dealer demo arrives, then the cars will be released to the dealers. Around July 15th.

Yes, a ship is now on the east coast. A ship is scheduled in early July to be on the west coast.

There may be a small delay for LSS cars beyond this. If you did not order an LSS car, you actually might get your car earlier.

·
Registered
670 Posts
The whole thing is getting pretty depressing. From my spot as #25 I'm doubting I'll even get a 2005 model. At one time I thought I'd get a car by Sept 2004. At least the factory will be closed in August, that should help.

:(

Steve

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Keep in mind that the early trickle is slower and more delayed than expected...but there is the intent that they ramp up and keep ramping up, so that the volume of cars in September and on will make up for the slow volume of cars now.

And there are over 135 cars now done.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Sownman said:
At least the factory will be closed in August, that should help.

:(

Steve
The factory only closes for ONE WEEK IN AUGUST:wave:

I should know I will be there:clap:

·
Registered
228 Posts
Anybody know how long the LSS cars are delayed? Is it just the regular no cars till July 15 delay, or will not be getting my car next month either?

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Randy Chase said:
-all based on information reported from dealers-

All cars are being held until all cars are available for all dealers.... When all cars for each dealer demo arrives, then the cars will be released to the dealers. Around July 15th. Yes, a ship is now on the east coast. A ship is scheduled in early July to be on the west coast. There may be a delay for LSS cars beyond this.
Thanks Randy. It was getting hard to keep track of what was going one when some the of post has 130 responses! :eek:

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Nathan968 said:
Anybody know how long the LSS cars are delayed? Is it just the regular no cars till July 15 delay, or will not be getting my car next month either?
Umm.... that will depend on your number in line and when you were going to get a car. I would be surprised to see many LSS cars in July. Sorry, sucks for me. :(

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Randy Chase said:
Keep in mind that the early trickle is slower and more delayed than expected...but there is the intent that they ramp up and keep ramping up, so that the volume of cars in September and on will make up for the slow volume of cars now.

And there are over 135 cars now done.
That's slightly more than 3 cars per dealer, one of which I assume is their demo. Not making much progress towards my spot in the second batch of orders.

Not only are they building these cars by hand, but they must only employ one-handed blind workmen. [Sorry if that's a non pc comment.]

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Does anyone know exactly what the LSS delay is? If it is waiting for parts, maybe when the parts come in they might "catch up" on all the orders waiting for those parts.
I am #3 at Steve Harris and am now wondering if I will see MY car in September!!!!!!!

·
Registered
228 Posts
hermanslotus said:
I just spoke with my sources today and was told that all cars with LSS will be delayed. I know most if not all of you have already heard that one, but I just heard it from my good source and now I 100% believe it. At first I did not want to believe it , but now I do:(

Mitch ( crying like a baby)
Christ. Should just have as well put a deposit down on an Exige.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Thanks Chris. It doesn't sound like this will hold up the sports pack cars too much then. Thanks for some better news. I don't think I can hold out until September, telling everyone that asks that, yes there is another delay:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
adamant said:
Thanks Chris. It doesn't sound like this will hold up the sports pack cars too much then. Thanks for some better news. I don't think I can hold out until September, telling everyone that asks that, yes there is another delay:rolleyes:
well nathan is #3 at his dealership and isn't getting his Sport Pack car until September :eek:

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
jml1952 said:
That's slightly more than 3 cars per dealer, one of which I assume is their demo. Not making much progress towards my spot in the second batch of orders.

Not only are they building these cars by hand, but they must only employ one-handed blind workmen. [Sorry if that's a non pc comment.]
all i need is one hand. and coincidentally that hand is what made me blind.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts