The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curses! I've been told by AutoEurope in Michigan that my #23 spot may not be delivered until late November or early December, "if there aren't further delays."

Here in lovely Wisconsin, snow flies in November. I'll get the car just in time to put it away for the winter. :(

<gritting teetch and trying not to say bad things>
<must think of soothing, organic shapes...>

Thomas

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
I'm #25-30 and BRP.

I've told myself that it'll be December at the earliest. If it's later, no biggie. More time to scrape up the $$$$$$.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
That's my biggest fear. Even if Missouri isn't Wisconsin, I was planning to keep it garaged for the winter. With my #19 spot, it looks like I'll be lucky if I get to drive it for a few weeks before winter sets in. If there are further delays, I might ask my dealer if I can move down the list by a few months.

Then again, with enough delays, I might not receive it before spring anyway... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Just get some studded tires, they are legal in Wisconsin, right?

·
shay2nak
24,910 Posts
TotallyGreen said:
wow. i guess i'm being an optimist. i'm 29 and was hoping for november and expecting no later than december.
i'm #28 and I'm hoping December, too.

·
Registered
6,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
>Just get some studded tires, they are legal in Wisconsin, right?

They ought to be, but they are not. No chains allowed. No studded tires allowed. And, by the way, no speeding either... this state has more radar traps than anywhere I have ever travelled, and that includes about 1/2 of the states in the U.S. and several foreign countries. Maybe the UK is as bad? Never been there.

Thomas

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
I think I'm #43 (or is it #52?).... I've prepared myself to be waiting another year. Who knows, maybe the used market will pick up by then....

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hey TotallyGreen,
Is Swift still a Lotus dealer in Sacto?

Luckily, Scottsdale Lotus sold another Esprit the other day. Maybe that will help their allocation.:)

·
Registered
166 Posts
I just moved from Brown Deer, WI to Washington and it is great to think that the next time I purchase a car I won't have to put into consideration the fact that there is snow on the roads for possibly 4-5 months out of the year. I feel your pain!

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
I thought that you were hoping to delay things a bit anyway Thomas. Glad to hear some more data consistent with what they told me (Jan-Feb for my number 36 spot). FWIW, had I known these delays were going to happen I would have traded you when I had the chance. It probably doesn't matter though. Winter is winter.

~Paul

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,684 Posts
HMM I'm number 34 at AutoEurope......... and they said probably Sept or Oct. Time will tell........... I have my 74 Zetec Europa to keep me company till then........

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
kestrel74 said:
HMM I'm number 34 at AutoEurope......... and they said probably Sept or Oct. Time will tell........... I have my 74 Zetec Europa to keep me company till then........
When did they tell you that? When you placed the deposit or just a couple of weeks ago? I talked to the sales manager (Aaron Waterman) a couple of weeks ago and that's when he told me that it would be after the first of the year (in so many words).

~Paul

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Didn't realise you were considering an Elise Stan.
Seems there are quite a few Ur M pilots making this progression.:clap:
m.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,684 Posts
been busy....

NMRJock said:
When did they tell you that? When you placed the deposit or just a couple of weeks ago? I talked to the sales manager (Aaron Waterman) a couple of weeks ago and that's when he told me that it would be after the first of the year (in so many words).

~Paul
Sorry Paul....i've been busy lately...didnt get a chance to reply...... Sales has been telling me that for the past 3-4 weeks or so..... took my colors / options last week..... ( chrome orange / black / touring ).......... from what i understand, they're getting their first 20, then another 20 in the fall......sept or oct....
who knows..... but they say the demo will be there this week. we'll see.

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
>>>Didn't realise you were considering an Elise Stan. Seems there are quite a few Ur M pilots making this progression.
m.<<<

Oh I've loved Lotus since I was a teenager. Have had two so far, both Europas. Drove the first nearly daily for 5 years. The second was in European car three times and has a turbo Fuego lump. That one is now apart and in storage and I'll likely sell it as-is.

Stan

1 - 20 of 26 Posts