The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When was the last time you actually wrote in cursive lettering? I just realized I have not written in cursive since high school. Almost all documents I have written since then have either been typed on a typewriter (remember those) or on a computer. Do kids even learn cursive hand writing anymore?

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
5 minutes ago when I signed my credit card receipt :p

but other than that, probably not since elementary school.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Yes they still teach it. Waste of time to me.

I never use it. NEVER. I print or type.

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
I stopped in the third grade. I've always been a decent speller but I kept failing the weekly spelling tests. The teacher thought I'd misspelled many words, yet I hadn't . It was my messy cursive handwriting that was the culprit. So from there on out, it was printing for me! On everything, checks, credit cards etc.

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
The only thing I still know how to write in cursive is my name... and even there, I don't think that's cursive anymore. Looks more like a squiggly line with part of an M and maybe an O in it.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Anytime I find myself needing to write something longish very quickly that only I'll need to refer back to - like transcribing directions. Then again, calling it cursive is a bit of a stretch if by cursive you mean the letters as taught in 3rd grade rather than a continuous stream of something resembling letters written without lifting the pen...

·
Registered
389 Posts
Use it anytime I write (although I usually type). I noticed in America that most adults print, and tend to use a mixture of upper/lower case letters. I figured maybe that's the way you're taught to write. :confused:

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
The only time I use cursive is when I sign my name, and even then it's mostly illegible. I gave up on it in junior high and print or type everything anymore. I tried doing it one a few years ago and it took me forever since I had to stop and think about how to write half the letters.

·
Registered
282 Posts
i just finished high school and we never had to use it.
I probably couldn't do it if I tried.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
girlracer said:
Use it anytime I write (although I usually type). I noticed in America that most adults print, and tend to use a mixture of upper/lower case letters. I figured maybe that's the way you're taught to write. :confused:
sOMtimEsItyPElikeThiStOANNoypEoplebuTwEAreNotTaUGHtthisINschoOL.

·
Registered
543 Posts
i have to use a computer anymore, especially hen it counts!! years ago while at art school, my mom would ask "you're going to a great art school, and we still can't read your handwriting"
... i rest my case ...

·
Registered
758 Posts
If they didn't teach cursive writing, there wouldn't be any doctors. They have to use cursive, otherwise everyone would know they can't spell chemical names.

Plus, if they didn't teach cursive writing, there wouldn't be any cursive writing teachers.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
My hand writing is so poor that I'm not quite sure if I'm trying to do cursive or not. Checks are a beyatch. I don't even bother with my signature - it's just my initials and some squigily stuff inbetween.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts