The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my long awaited 3 piece wheels from Kodiak Motorsports in Canada; very nice quality racing wheels.

I was a little concerned with the fit since I had to take all the measurements myself (caliper clearance, front and back spacing, centerbore etc) but they turned out just as I'd planned. The rear 17 x 10 inches weighed in at 18lbs.

Pricing of around $2800 for 4

Attachments

·
Registered
407 Posts
i dont wanna sound like a vulture, but do you have your old wheels still? would you be willing to sell them?

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
from his other thread:

Still blows my mind sticking with a stock width front tire.
thanx AJ

hmmm custom wheels, i woulda went with 16x7 and 17x8 maybe x9 so i can keep it under the "stock" body

btw: just sent Kodiak an email and some questions...stay tuned LOL
looks good tho, cant wait to see it put together

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i dont wanna sound like a vulture, but do you have your old wheels still? would you be willing to sell them?
Sorry, the old wheels are long gone!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanx AJ

hmmm custom wheels, i woulda went with 16x7 and 17x8 maybe x9 so i can keep it under the "stock" body

btw: just sent Kodiak an email and some questions...stay tuned LOL
looks good tho, cant wait to see it put together
The fronts are stock 16 x 7 and fit under the stock fenders; the rear need arch extensions or a custom rear clam. I'll go with arch extensions this season and then widen the clam when I have it made out of CF next winter!!
You could sqeeze a 9" rim under the stock body if you take up all the available backspacing. I chose to pull the inside of the wheel out about 10mm since the stock size tires were rubbing the frame slightly under extreme load on slicks last year.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
from his other thread:

Still blows my mind sticking with a stock width front tire.
This was the recommended track setup from Lotus Sport UK; basically the same setup they used with the lotus cadena cars when they won the UK GT3 championship. Speaking with the engineers over there many times, they found the fronts were underutilised and more rubber was needed out back.

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Those look great!

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
wow! can't wait to see the final product.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
The fronts are stock 16 x 7 and fit under the stock fenders; the rear need arch extensions or a custom rear clam. I'll go with arch extensions this season and then widen the clam when I have it made out of CF next winter!!
You could sqeeze a 9" rim under the stock body if you take up all the available backspacing. I chose to pull the inside of the wheel out about 10mm since the stock size tires were rubbing the frame slightly under extreme load on slicks last year.
thanx for the 411!!! i emailed Kodiak and waiting on a response :up:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanx for the 411!!! i emailed Kodiak and waiting on a response :up:
Kodiak are very good to work with and you will most likely be speaking to Daryle, the owner, who is very knowledgeable and helpful.

I have to make a correction; the fronts are 16 x 7.5!

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Kodiak are very good to work with and you will most likely be speaking to Daryle, the owner, who is very knowledgeable and helpful.

I have to make a correction; the fronts are 16 x 7.5!
yes Daryl emailed me back, got a quick price quote as well, if my Volks dont come in anytime soon, ill just order a set of these instead i like the RT model

16x7 17x8

thanx again

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here's a couple of pics of the car on it's way to be reunited with it's new motor. The wider rears really show the camber more; around 2 degrees negative in my case.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
some serious rubber!!!! Did they say if it was just the lack of weight in the front that didn't utilize the front tires? Seems like the the downforce they have available they would be able to make better use.

Either way I'm jealous of your project. Should be a killer.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Here's a couple of pics of the car on it's way to be reunited with it's new motor. The wider rears really show the camber more; around 2 degrees negative in my case.

HOLY camber!!!

By the way, those things would look amazing powdercoated flat black.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
some serious rubber!!!! Did they say if it was just the lack of weight in the front that didn't utilize the front tires? Seems like the the downforce they have available they would be able to make better use.

Either way I'm jealous of your project. Should be a killer.
What they said was that the stock sized tire was more than adequate and estimated that it was only about 75% utilised in their setup compared to the rears. It was my experience also last season that when driven to the limit the car will lose traction at the rear; the front just went wherever I pointed it and it didn't matter if I was on the power, off the power slow or fast corners the car wouldn't push. That said, before I added 1 deg neg camber up front it was a different story.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts