The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a dock high box truck and I'm looking for a qualified person to design a ramp / winch system. The truck has a 20ft box, 8ft wide door, and 48" from the ground. It also has a 3000lb fold out lift gate system.

If you can do this, or know someone who might please send over some info.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Securing the car in the truck bed may be a challenge. Unless you have E-track or D-rings mounted into the floor of the box.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Just raise that center support to cut the ground clearance requirement in half. I have a CAD file of the Elise if you need some geometry checked.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Securing the car in the truck bed may be a challenge. Unless you have E-track or D-rings mounted into the floor of the box.
I have e-track on the side. Do you know of a specific d-ring that works well for floor mounting? Ideally I would like to keep the truck floor flat.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
930 Posts
You are going to have clearance problems with any ramps to get into the back of a 48" high truck bed. Getting onto the ramps will scrape the front and getting into the truck will scrape the bottom.

You need some extensions fabricated for the lift gate to lift the car horizontally up to the truck bed.

Attachments

·
Registered
274 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You are going to have clearance problems with any ramps to get into the back of a 48" high truck bed. Getting onto the ramps will scrape the front and getting into the truck will scrape the bottom.

You need some extensions fabricated for the lift gate to lift the car horizontally up to the truck bed.
I think you might be right on having clearance issues. The box truck sits a little lower in the front. So getting over that top edge could be a problem.

Do you know who made this lift gate? Mine is more of a standard aluminum one for a pallet jack. It can left 3000lbs

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I can a quick mock up and send it to you after the Holiday. The drawing is very helpful. For reference, this is something I built when I was hailing my Neon race car around in a school bus...
That's an awesome setup! I love the school bus!

There is a different version of the ramp system that has two uprights, I don't see them in the drawing or pictures. It seems I need a longer length to get the angle lower. Which looks exactly like what you have.

Thanks so much for the help!
Two upright version.
http://www.discountramps.com/images/art/05-20-240-02-06-M-High-Rev1.pdf

·
Registered
274 Posts
All this said and done, if I had a lift gate that could lift 3,000 pounds this would be a no brainer. Get some ramp extensions like the one pictured above, and just lift it. That's way cooler than any ramps!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts