The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was in our 2007 Exige when we bought it, but I took it out because I preferred the legroom instead of the bass. The first owner of our car paid $1600 for this because it was a "custom carbon fiber" box. As you can see, there is no carbon fiber here, only a carbon fiber wrap on the part which is seen when installed.

The sound quality was outstanding - this subwoofer hit like a sledgehammer. It fits like a glove and takes up a bit less area than a stealth box. It is very heavy, so it doesn't really fit the Lotus lightweight mantra.

The subwoofer itself is extremely heavy and is high quality. You can learn more here: IDQ 10 or here: Image Dynamics IDQ10 V.3 D2 (IDQ10-V3D2) 10" Dual 2 ohm IDQ V.3 Sub

So to recap - this subwoofer box sounds great but it weighs a lot. If you're looking to add bass to your Lotus, there aren't too many options, but this will solve the problem.

How about we try 20% of the purchase price (HA!) - $300 shipped with the sub included. $150 for local pickup.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
That might be the biggest highway robbery ever.

The sub is $200. A half sheet of MDF is $12 (and will yield enough). The carpet and vinyl is probably $15. They probably had polyfill laying around.

COMPLETE highway robbery!!

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That might be the biggest highway robbery ever.

The sub is $200. A half sheet of MDF is $12 (and will yield enough). The carpet and vinyl is probably $15. They probably had polyfill laying around.

COMPLETE highway robbery!!
With all that said, I think I'm asking too much.

New price = Best offer by the end of the week.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
With all that said, I think I'm asking too much.

New price = Best offer by the end of the week.
Sorry, didn't mean to imply you were asking too much.

I meant the dipsh*t prior owner who paid 1600 for it. I'd like to sell him my first gen iPod for $47,910! :)

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry, didn't mean to imply you were asking too much.

I meant the dipsh*t prior owner who paid 1600 for it. I'd like to sell him my first gen iPod for $47,910! :)
No worries.

The prior owner actually paid $9000 altogether. This included an amp in a "custom carbon fiber" enclosure that was also wrapped MDF.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Pictures in the car, it will actually sit a bit further back than the pictures show, these were taken when I was trying to get it out

Here is picture with the cover off, ignore the wife:

Small enough to allow 4 rims to ride along!

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is still for sale. I have had a lot of inquiries but I can't really reduce the price because it is going to be amazingly expensive.

THe lowest I can go is $150 shipped.

·
Plug Whisperer
6,305 Posts
J- Hard to ignore the wife! :D

-Free bump-

·
Registered
274 Posts
I'll take it for $150 shipped. PM sent.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts