·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Registered
807 Posts
i put a proper UK plate on the front. and the letters match the actual california plate the back ;)

Attachments

·
Banned
874 Posts

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Here is what I am ordering for the front of mine... if you have some good ideas for plates... you can create your own too:
Not to be pedantic but you have ordered a German style metal plate with GB on the side of it. UK plates are plastic and white on the front and yellow on the back.

:shift:

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
This is a UK front plate. They are plastic and flat with no raised surfaces.

The German plates are metal and stamped in a similar way to USA plates.

·
Registered
807 Posts

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
95% of Americans, especially the idiots in my town will not know the correct format of a real British license plate.:)

Now, I have a serious question. When I get this plate... how on earth am I going to put it on the front? I see Black watch racing has a mount... but I don't want to spend another $50.00. Will Velcro rip my star shield off when I take my license off one day? I refuse to drill into my car.-poke-

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
95% of Americans, especially the idiots in my town will not know the correct format of a real British license plate.:)
-
You are correct sir :)

Now, I have a serious question. When I get this plate... how on earth am I going to put it on the front? I see Black watch racing has a mount... but I don't want to spend another $50.00. Will Velcro rip my star shield off when I take my license off one day? I refuse to drill into my car.-poke-

I would just go with Velcro, I know people that use that and it seems to work for them.

·
Registered
807 Posts
yeah but you're a lotus owner now. you have to worry about impressing the 5% that really matter ;)

i used 3M outdoor two sided foam tape. it comes off of paint without issue so i'm sure the same for star shield. this is how many people actually do it in the UK too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts