The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i figured if i shot 450 bucks on a battery, it deserves a fancy smancy bracket! ....out went the steel - in went alumn!!

i went to home depot, got some flat alumn stock, and with nothing more than a vise, torch, hammer, some pliers, drill and some filing to clean it up here it is :)

i made a bracket to replace against the wheel well and a new bracket on the trunck floor - these pass a #10 bolt and allow the clamp to be drawn down on both side. I covered the bracket with a bicycle inner tube to protect and grip the battery. finished it off with some thumb nuts to make it easy to tighten up at tech inspec.

i lined the "bed" of the battery with industrial velco, and matched it on the battery.

i like it - i like the battery! 4.5 lbs... its no joke - and my car started up alot better than before, guess my going on 40 month old battery was getting weaker than i had noticed. no leaks from it though... just heavy.

Cheers,

-Rod

Thing is rock solid!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Nice! Great idea to use the inner tube for insulation and grip. That battery doesn't look like it'll move.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Solid work....

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks - yeah "it aint going anywhere"

the bracket keeps is pressed down into the velcro, and the velcro has crazy monkey kunfu hold of it.

i am going to rig up a little plastic box to cover up the terminal ends later.

i know some people have this battery - so wanted to share how i installed it - 100% reversible, and better than stock.

·
Registered
441 Posts
How much was the battery????:huh:

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How much was the battery????:huh:
$100 a pound, or a lot less $ than the weight savings of a muffler...

past the drivetrain there are really only 2 things back there - battery and exhaust.

i agree, it is STUPID money for a BATTERY

but i got if to shed 24bs - so for lossing that weight in the tail - it is a bargin! ...weird huh?

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
What is the sheer force required to overcome crazy monkey kunfu hold?

xtn

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
$100 a pound, or a lot less $ than the weight savings of a muffler...
Yeah, but how does it sound? :rolleyes:

:D:D:D

BTW... I like the bracket. I need to do something like that for mine. :up:

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1 - 10 of 10 Posts