The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
My upper front clam clear bra piece had to be removed for a nearby paint repair (rock hit the upper front right fender just above the edge of the clear bra, and made a number of deep gouges). A few days ago, Premier installed the large upper front clam piece on my car, just like ChrisB's. Once again, they did an excellent job, and it looks much better (and, of course, better coverage), than the two pieces that it replaced. And fortunately, my insurance covers the equivalent cost of replacing the piece that had to be removed for the paint repair.

Now, instead of having a long edge of the bra just above the headlights, the edge is much shorter and is further up the clam near the side mirrors (but not all the way to the mirrors because the film just isn't large enough for that). Also, before, I had a separate piece on the center skinny upper nose section, which created a line where it met the old upper front clam piece. That line is gone now that I have a single big covering over the upper clam. It is now even harder for people to realize that there is a clear bra on the car. I have to point out the edges to folks.

And, fortunately, Sam (Premier) had enough customers in San Diego that they could justify coming down here. They did my install at my house (my wife hosted), along with a number of other cars. This turned out to be a good thing because I was called away on a business trip, and would not have been able to drive my car to another location. And it was good for Sam. He finally got to drive an Elise! Although it was just to move the car in the driveway.

Thanks Sam. :D

21 - 22 of 22 Posts