The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
GROUP BUY Custom heel pad

Accidentally in another post, http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f92/project-interior-finished-57087/ , I ran into some heel pads, custom made for Mr.C.

I like it and so did some others, so it's time for a more explicit post to share this with more people. I’m planning to contact the company ULTIMATE PEDALS who made the pads to hear what the price is for one pad, five pads etc.etc. the group buy idea.

PRICING
The price will be $103.70 + $10 engraving = $113.70. Add $13 for shipping and total price tag will be $126.70. We only get this price if we can get five people!

INSTALLATION
See http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/667591-post73.html for installation description, it sounds straightforward.

If you’re interested in this heel pad for around $130, just confirm this in this thread. I will post payment details of the vendor, after I receive 'm.

I DON'T WANT TO BE A ELISE NERD ANYMORE WITHOUT A BLING-BLING HEEL PAD! I WANT TO BE COOL AND HAVE SUCH A CHICK MAGNET HEEL PAD!
1. E.D.
2. Midashands
3. Eprangia
4. Zen-Dude
5. Grnwnv
6. Wicked

7. Xanthus ???
8. Lapthis ???
9. Krug1???
10. Dirac ???

Attachments

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Count me in too!

Note: If we are going to pay $130 I would hope they could provide us with the correct size screws to install these so we don't have to cut them as described in the installation thread.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just contacted the company per email, included a picture of picture so they know what I' talking about, I'll will update this thread as soon as I get a reply back.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Won't screws on the bottom side of the carpet scratch the aluminum floorpan?
I guess (& hope) the screws are blunt. So after screwing the heel pad to the carpet w/the screws+nuts, just put some ductape (or something else which is strong and not pierced easily) over the screws at the bottom side of the carpet and you should be OK. :shrug:

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Won't screws on the bottom side of the carpet scratch the aluminum floorpan?
Just go to a dollar store and buy a pack of those felt sticky thing that they use to put on a chair leg to prevent it from scratching the floor.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
I might too depending on price even though I already have a heel pad. What size and finish is the GB going to be? I think Mr. C mentioned that the one he got is too big. I don't think it needs to cover the whole center plastic area on the floor mat. It just need to be proportional to that shape so that the plastic area can form a border around the heel pad. A smaller size might be cheaper and save weight :D

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My car is in a parking garage 30min from my house (you gotta love NYC :) ). I need to work late today and promised my wife to carry the laundry to the laundromat (I only need to say iaah to become a 100% mule) tomorrow morning, but I should be able to go to my car Thu evening to take measurement. I'm curious myself what I think should be a optimal size. Your plan re size in which plastic is border sounds good! Smaller size should also mean smaller price, so everybody wins, well except for the vendor maybe.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Allright, I received word from Ultimate Pedals, see underneath for some copying&pasting out of their email:

'No problem to make an engraved heel guard for your Lotus Elise (frosted anti-slip without grip inserts).
Pricing would be identical to our Ferrari 348/355 passenger footrest pedal pricing $122 plus $10 for engraving and ~$13 shipping.
Please click on the following link to see our 348/355 passenger footrest (scroll down for finish options with pricing):
ULTIMATE PEDALS

Custom engraving/emblem pocketing cost is $10 to $35 (depending on complexity) per pedal.
If you would like to proceed with the order simply order the 348/355 passenger footrest that you would like, but specify your Elise and any engraving/emblem pocketing during the checkout process when you are asked to indicate year, make, and model.
We will then match the heel guard for your Elise instead of the 348/355 when we manufacture your order.
Please let us know if you require any additional information.
No questions asked money-back guarantee if you are not satisfied with the fit or finish.
Don't settle for "One Size Fits All" pedals.'​

So it's looks like they ask $122+$10+$13=$147 for the heel pad as an individual order.
After I measure the center plastic area on the floor mat later this week (hopefully Thu), I will come up with final measurements (as an afterthought Mr.C. thought it was better to downsize a little: http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/603519-post57.html).
I will send Ultimate Pedals the final measurements and will also ask them for prices if we order more heel pads, I hope we can get at least five people so that should bring the price a little bit down.
Note: you can check their website for their other patterns for heel pads, just click on the link which will bring you to the catalog.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Salesman as they are: they also sent me a (small) picture of a door sill.
Not sure where it goes exactly: on top of sill of at the indoor side of the sill, I guess the latter.

Don't know pricing, just sharing the information...

Attachments

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Allright, received answer re group buy discount from Ultimate Pedals:
we get a 15% discount on the costs of the heel pad:
0.85 * $122 = $ 103.70 + $10 engraving = $113.70 which is the confirmed price per email. Add $13 for shipping and total price tag will be $126.70. Maybe the price goes down a little if we downsize the measurements of the pad, I don't know at the moment.
We will get this discounted price only if we get 5 people!
I will start a list in post #1 of this thread.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts