The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2005 111R (Elise)
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really want a new set of rims for my ride and a set that isn’t found on every other Elise. Seems that he Elise bolt pattern and size has seriously limited the wheel options.

HRE = nope
Forgeline = nope

Your thoughts welcomed.

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
CCW has made a few custom sets for the Elise.

You can also get these:
Those are light. Not as light as the Monolites, but close (slightly over 5 pounds difference). I like the symmetry of those, but being a true weight weenie I'll keep the Monolites. The price is very nice on those as well. Being super light Team Dynamics, I doubt the OP would think they're unique enough with regards to looks. If I wanted a second set of wheels, I'd pick up a set of those for sure. Thanks for posting that.

San

·
Premium Member
11,897 Posts
I tend to avoid wheels with lots of holes like the last one pictured.

And, since we are not kids, you are looking for wheels, not rims. No offense meant, but words do have meaning.

·
Premium Member
2008 Lotus Elise SC and 2018 Alfa Romeo 4C
849 Posts

And, since we are not kids, you are looking for wheels, not rims. No offense meant, but words do have meaning.
Those extra holes mean that you have more flexibility in installing them on other bolt patterns. These are more marketable than others. BTW, Rays are top notch quality. They are forged and super light. Highly recommended. I get lots of compliments.

·
`08 Elise-SC-220
519 Posts

Back in the day when their were only Keystone or Craiger they were rims. Now it's "Wheels" which unless they come with a tire mounted and ready to go isn't really what they are, no? That's what a wheel is to me.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Rim was refereed to the size of the barrel. Wheel is the Entire thing.

Reactions: raggedy1

·
Registered
2005 111R (Elise)
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Wheel is an assembly. Not a component.

·
Registered
2005 111R (Elise)
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

p.S. my wife thinksI’m a kid!!! Does that help?

·
Premium Member
11,897 Posts
All women think all men are immature.

I had to give a toast once. "We're young only once, but we can be immature forever."
----
Guy asked what to look for in wheels. "Cheap, light and easy to clean. The same things I look for in women."

----
Re: Post 14. Wouldn't it be smarter to contact vendor??

·
Registered
547 Posts
I was in the same boat. Wanted something special and not common. I bought these last year. I haven’t seen anyone else in the US with these wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2005 111R (Elise)
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I was in the same boat. Wanted something special and not common. I bought these last year. I haven’t seen anyone else in the US with these wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
very nice! What brand?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts