The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Custom Shift Knobs, Defi Boost/Oil Pressure Gauges, JL Speakers, Center Cap, etc

Name: JP
Prices: Include shipping within the US, if you are International - please PM me for further details
Payment Method: Paypal or cash local pick-up
Priority: **I WILL GO IN ORDER OF PM RECEIVED (NO DIBS POSTS PLEASE)**
---

Parts For Sale & Prices:

1. Custom Shift Knob Aluminum - $120 Shipped
2. Custom Shift Knob Stainless Steel 2 - $120 Shipped
3. Lotus Center Cap - $20 Shipped
4. OEM Motor Mounts (4x pieces) with 20K - Best Offer
5. OEM 2007 Lotus Exige S Steering Rack with OEM Track Rod Ends - Best Offer
---

Intro to Shift Knobs:
I got frustrated trying to find shift knobs on the market to fit my particular 2007 Exige S. There was just too much info floating around on multiple possible sizings that Lotus put out there.

Im not too fond of the sphere type of knob & finding a formula style knob in my threaded size became increasingly difficult. I wanted a knob that was taller, easier to reach quickly & would allow for multiple hand grips comfortably/easily while being balanced in weight.

I decided to measure my own shifter & make a few knobs to my liking. These are the remaining ones that I didn't end up using & through extensive testing & investment in shop time R&D/materials ($$$), I have finally designed one to my liking. The following are the byproducts of my endeavor…

---

1. Custom Aluminum Shift Knob designed for 2007 Exige S

Description:
- Rounded Top, extra tall
- Used this for 1 week to test - like new condition
- M12x1.5
- Height: 5.5"
- OD: 1.5"
- Weight: 12.6oz = 0.7875lbs
- Pure/Solid Aluminum
- Knurl finish with grooved separators
- Bead blasted to match factory Lotus Aluminum interior finish
- Proper clearance for reverse lockout mechanism*

I find this to be a good weight & balance for the shifter + allows for quicker reach from steering wheel. I designed the measurements around my 2007 Exige S which has the updated shifter with the reverse cable integrated into the shaft. When mounting, I thread the knob all the way down the shaft til it stops.

*Confirmed to work with 2007 Exige S - direct fit
*Confirmed to work with 2005 Elise with M10 Helicoil Adaptor

---

2. Custom Shift Knob Stainless Steel 2 designed for 2007 Exige S

Description:
- Flat Top with thumb depression
- Brand new, just test fitted
- M12x1.5
- Height: 3"
- OD: 1.5"
- Weight: 1lb 2.2oz
- Pure/Solid Stainless Steel
- Knurl finish with grooved separators
- Bead blasted to match factory Lotus Aluminum interior finish
- Proper clearance for reverse lockout mechanism*

Designed this one to be slightly taller than the previous. It's heavier with a flat top/rounded edges to avoid stress on your palm for traditional shifting & a thumb depression up top to accommodate one that shifts Formula style grip.

*Confirmed to work with 2007 Exige S - direct fit
*Confirmed to work with 2005 Elise with M10 Helicoil Adaptor

---

Group Shots:

---

3. OEM Lotus Center Cap (1x)

Description:
- Used
- This is more of an yellow-orange color. I have a 2007 Exige S with track pack & bought this to replace one that I lost but found my center caps to be more of a brighter yellow in color. I believe this may be for the earlier Elise?

---

4. OEM Motor Mounts

Description:
- All 4 pieces
- Removed at 20K on my 07 Exige S
- All look to be in normal condition, can't see any cracks or damages
---

5. OEM 2007 Lotus Exige S Steering Rack with OEM Track Rod Ends

Description:
- Used with 25K miles when removed on 072012
- OEM Track Rod Ends are still in place & in good condition
- During uninstallation, one of the gator boots was torn. This is about a $10-20 replacement part in pairs (Driver/Passenger)
- Replaced this to upgrade to a TitanQR. As far as I can tell, this rack is fully functional with no issues. I did not hear any clunks originating from it. Originally I thought there might be some clunks but when I replaced with the TitanQR, the same clunking I heard from the suspension was still in place.

SOLD Items:

Pagid RS4-2 Blue Full Set (F/R)
Custom Shift Knob Stainless Steel 1 designed for 2007 Exige S
JL Speakers 5.25
Defi-Link Meter BF Boost/Oil Pressure Gauges + Controller

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts
I'll take the Pagids.
PM on its way.

·
Registered
828 Posts
This has to be the best written ad I've ever seen on this board. Very nicely done.

I can vouch for the DEFI stuff. Had a full setup in my STi, and they worked like a Swiss clock. Easy to hook up, no drama, very accurate. If gauges were on my current mod list, I'd snap these up in a second.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll take the Pagids.
PM on its way.
Received your PM & responded.

This has to be the best written ad I've ever seen on this board. Very nicely done.

I can vouch for the DEFI stuff. Had a full setup in my STi, and they worked like a Swiss clock. Easy to hook up, no drama, very accurate. If gauges were on my current mod list, I'd snap these up in a second.
Thanks! I would be using these if it wasnt for my updated plans to run an AIM Strada/Pista.

JP is incredibly meticulous and does his research! Good guy.
Thanks Mike! Gotta catch up soon :wave:

·
Registered
831 Posts
Received knob #2, beautiful!

·
Registered
831 Posts
The knob I got is installed. It fits great in the hand, and the workmanship is OEM quality. It is a heavy, quality piece. It is a tiny shade darker than the aluminum in my shifter, but not noticeable unless you look very carefully. Here are a few pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
^ Hey Andy, thanks for the review & pics!

Just to note for the readers; Andy has a 2005 Lotus Elise running on a M10 shifter. He installed a helicoil to adapt from M12 to M10. Might try to find a couple of these for my current shifters so anyone with an Elise/Exige can use these.

Glad to see that the reverse lockout mechanism is also working properly on the Elise.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts