The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I say some posts of two cars at a an event that had flares and wider wheels front and rear, the cars did look a little pimped, but I would be interested in a second set of wheels and tires, I know that oz is suppose to step up to the plate with the black wheels but how but someting a little wider with a small lip in the rear, maybe HRE can do some customs,

if the offest stays the same and the rear a inch to 1.5 wider and the fronts the same as the LSS, I don't think the handling specs would be deminsihed, any pro's out there who can help a guy out, I think the car looks better with some nice rubber under it,
but I don't want to hurt the handling, like to make it better.

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,633 Posts
MitchT said:
Hey, I say some posts of two cars at a an event that had flares and wider wheels front and rear, the cars did look a little pimped, but I would be interested in a second set of wheels and tires, I know that oz is suppose to step up to the plate with the black wheels but how but someting a little wider with a small lip in the rear, maybe HRE can do some customs,

if the offest stays the same and the rear a inch to 1.5 wider and the fronts the same as the LSS, I don't think the handling specs would be deminsihed, any pro's out there who can help a guy out, I think the car looks better with some nice rubber under it,
but I don't want to hurt the handling, like to make it better.
If you don't like the look of the stock wheels or the LSS wheels, it will be difficult to find aftermarket ones that are as light as the stock ones.

As far as getting better rubber for it, you can't do much better than the A048s that come with the LSS.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I understand that at least one major mfgr will be offering a lightweight rim (=<LSS) for the Elise later this year. It also appears that it will be critical to match offsets. Lotus has spent many $ refining the cars handling that almost anything you do will screw it up, then you can spend more $ fixing it.

Mick, I agree that the 048 will be about as good a street / track tire compromise as you can get, certainly on par with Toyos and Kumho Victos. For ultimate grip, Hoosier stands out. I have read some posts suggesting that the wet/cold traction may not be best. I am planning on getting a set of fall/winter tires/rims, something like a T1-S, which have better cold/wet characteristics.

Steve

1 - 3 of 3 Posts