The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching for a picture that I came across a few weeks ago, but didn't save.

It was either an Elise or Exige, with the boot floor centre section of the rear clam completely cut out, showing the rear rail and engine bay from inside the trunk area.

Anyone seen this before, or have the picture?

·
Registered
577 Posts
I don't have pics of that, but when I bought my car it came that way...but then a giant intercooler was over top of the hole and a custom scoop was added to the engine lid to funnel air into the intercooler and then down out the bottom of the boot.

I wanted the trunk back and so had a smaller intercooler mounted behind the drivers side vent and had the hole repaired.

·
Carbon Fiber
1,637 Posts
Hmmmm, I think I am loving this, not the scoop though but the huge inter cooler is nice !

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,598 Posts
I've been searching for a picture that I came across a few weeks ago, but didn't save.

It was either an Elise or Exige, with the boot floor centre section of the rear clam completely cut out, showing the rear rail and engine bay from inside the trunk area.

Anyone seen this before, or have the picture?
Allen at VSA Motorsports has done at least one, as I saw it in person and it saves a bunch of weight.

San

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Many people have setups like this. Ronin's old setup was the same way. That's quite a commitment though, no turning back at that point (at least not easily/cheaply).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts