The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I met artist Shin Yoshikawa a couple of years ago at the Autobooks store here in the LA area, where he was selling cutaway drawings. I had brought the Elan and when he had heard that the car was outside he had to come see it. He too was a Lotus owner. He set me up with a beautiful cutaway print of an Elan that he autographed for me.
Just recently ran into him again at a British car show where he brought is spectacular Lotus Elite and he informed me of his website where he sells prints of his cutaway drawings, lots of different marques including a few Lotus.
Check it out.

http://www.kaiartintl.com/home

Sounds like his shop may be a cool destination for the LA Lotus drives as well.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Those are really cool. If he did one of an Elise, I would buy one in an heartbeat, especially at those prices.

·
Premium Member
11,717 Posts
good find, thanks.

I always loved these, have to buy one.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Are you talking about his store in Old Town Pasadena? They have lots of cool stuff in there.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't know about any store in Pasadena

I met him at Autobooks in Burbank

His current shop is in Lebec (according to the website)

·
Registered
108 Posts
I enquired about an Elise drawing, and I got this reply:

"Hello Ken,

I visit Lotustalks,it is great chat of Lotus and now I know a lot of Elise fan there.
I'm sure I will draw Lotus Elise drawing soon.
Also my shop is in Lebec,I'm an artist,journalist but other hand I making concept cars for
car manufactures.
Especially aluminum body cars making (now I making all aluminum Toyota 2000GT!)
This shop is not open for public because some time I have top secret car from car manufactures but you make appointment I can show up my shop to Lotus people.

Also around Lebec, it is beautiful mountain road and good for Lotus mountain drive.
I enjoy my Lotus Elite on this mountain road.

Please post my message on your Lotustalks.

Best Regards,
Shin Yoshikawa

Kenneth wrote:
Will you be doing a drawing of the Elise?

Thanks,
Ken"

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I enquired about an Elise drawing, and I got this reply:

"Hello Ken,

I visit Lotustalks,it is great chat of Lotus and now I know a lot of Elise fan there.
I'm sure I will draw Lotus Elise drawing soon.
Also my shop is in Lebec,I'm an artist,journalist but other hand I making concept cars for
car manufactures.
Especially aluminum body cars making (now I making all aluminum Toyota 2000GT!)
This shop is not open for public because some time I have top secret car from car manufactures but you make appointment I can show up my shop to Lotus people.

Also around Lebec, it is beautiful mountain road and good for Lotus mountain drive.
I enjoy my Lotus Elite on this mountain road.

Please post my message on your Lotustalks.

Best Regards,
Shin Yoshikawa

Kenneth wrote:
Will you be doing a drawing of the Elise?

Thanks,
Ken"
That's so cool! :up: Great guy.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Don't know about any store in Pasadena

I met him at Autobooks in Burbank

His current shop is in Lebec (according to the website)
I visited the Autobooks store in Old Town Pasadena and they had some of his prints there, a bunch of model cars and cool car-themed items for your office or garage. Worth a stop by if you are in Old Pas.

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
I met artist Shin Yoshikawa a couple of years ago at the Autobooks store here in the LA area, where he was selling cutaway drawings.
Shin is an awesome guy, a huge Lotus fan and incredibly talented. Not long after he first published his Lotus "set" he brought them to a West Coast Lotus Meet and now I have all six decorating a wall in my family room! :clap:

Cheers,
Kiyoshi

Attachments

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
^^^Thanks a lot! Now I have to order some.

My budget administrator's gonna shoot me. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts