The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last few months, I've been getting a number of P1301, 1302, 0302 and 0304 codes, but usually only at idle. The car runs great otherwise. I've pulled my valve cover and the cams and rockers look to be in good shape. Car has 11,500 miles.

When I do get a specific cylinder misfire code (which has been 4 times in 3 months), it's always #2 and/or #4 (P0302 and/or P0304) and usually together. I have never gotten a #1 or #3 specific code -- just the 1301 or 1302 random misfire code. My question is this, is there anything that links cylinders #2 and #4 so that I would typically get these misfires in tandem? I know this is a general question, but I hope you understand what I mean. For example, are the wires to the coils on #2 and #4 somehow linked so that if there is a problem with #2, you'll get a problem with #4? Or if the coil on #4 is going bad, any reason that would cause a problem with #2? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Not as far as I know. I wonder if it could be an ECU problem, disclaimer is that I am far from an expert, just going off my experience. Mine would throw the 1302 code, but typically only when driven hard. The cam and rocker arm had been changed in the past, but I never checked it after it started throwing codes again.

·
Registered
570 Posts
did you check the cam correctly all the way around each lobe for uneven wear?i had a similar issue After replacing the cam,and i resolved it by replacing the sparkplugs with Denso iridium ik20's,and new coils.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts