The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D:D i just finished installing my vision function stage II supercharger and wow! the car just got transformed into a different car. So far no codes or problems, the only thing i need to do is a dyno just to make sure the car is running right.

:DV::evil:

·
Registered
2008 Exige S240
3,045 Posts
hell yea brother, join the club!

.....never go back and you'll want more after you adjust to the power.

Now go hunting . . .

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
On my 265hp supercharger build, second accelerated like NA did in first, 3rd felt like second. It is amazing what an extra 75 HP does for the car. I am about to tell you something you won't believe. Some day it will seem *normal* when you stomp on the gas, and as hard as it is to believe right now, you will want more.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
:D:D i just finished installing my vision function stage II supercharger and wow! the car just got transformed into a different car. So far no codes or problems, the only thing i need to do is a dyno just to make sure the car is running right.

:DV::evil:
make sure you drive it for about 100-200 miles first. The more miles the better.

·
Registered
502 Posts
On my 265hp supercharger build, second accelerated like NA did in first, 3rd felt like second. It is amazing what an extra 75 HP does for the car. I am about to tell you something you won't believe. Some day it will seem *normal* when you stomp on the gas, and as hard as it is to believe right now, you will want more.
Anything can be normal after a long enough time:p I came from a car that did 60 in less than 4 seconds and the Elise seemed slow. Now after over a year it seems fast but this is still the upgrade I need to do next year to really make it go as it was meant too.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
ya gotta love redline 2nd to redline 3rd....swoosh...

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
The thing I miss the least is having to downshift just in normal driving. Once you get to about 240HP at the wheels you will never have to downshift unless your really being aggressive. With this TVS supercharger, I can be in 6th gear at 60MPH, give it about 40% throttle and quickly be up to 80MPH. That's what I like the most :) The effortlessness.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Assuming 12 percent transmission loss, about 286 crank HP. What did your kit advertise?
"(1/.88)*252=286.XXX"

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
I've got a BOE Rev300 TVS. For the first time in my life I don't want more power. I'm getting old.
Really? I'm at 281 to the wheels and I'd be lying if I said I haven't considered more power. I've been lightening the car substantially, but still keep thinking about more power mods.

San

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
I am certain that 450 crank HP would be enough for me. Unfortunately, the roughly 22k bucks required to get there kinda cools my jets. (built block, built heads with port and polish, Rev400, DRS e85 conversion, uprated clutch, e153 transmission).

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
i concur - let's face it, as far as street cars go - we're there. And Westrock sort of nailed it - you can do what you need to do in any gear now. Or pretty darn close.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts