The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Was never a club I wanted to be a member of...

So over the last year I have smothered my LOTUS fanboyism fires because honestly at the end of the day I wasn't certain I was going to still own My superbadass Lotus Exige S . so I put it on mothballs in another state and only have driven it less than a handfull of times, telling myself that I can live without it worst case scenario. Posted less of my stupidity on Lotustalk...

Welp my fiends, concessions were made during mediation, it certainly was kabuki theatre, but at the end of the day, It would appear for all intents and purposes, that my next chapter in life will include me still owning The Brat!

I can only imagine that this my chosen community of deranged motorheds could understand how much stress and strain the whole ordeal had me under. The only thing worse than your wife selling your toys for what you told her you paid for them, is having court compelling you to do so...

In the last 9 months I have been restoring a wiked Jaguar xjs and it's on the road now. I did that as a potential consolation prize for myself if I lost the Lotus. BONUS!!!

I now still own one of the best out of the box track cars made by man, In the fastest color they make them in. RE:Chrome Orange
and
one of the (arguably) best GT coupes ever made by man black on black !
l! WINNING!!!

·
Registered
488 Posts
Love the Jag, and the Exige of course. Great post.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I kept thinking about writing up a for sale ad, to have at the ready, but honestly, I just could'nt make myself do it. Maybe I made it harder on myself cognitively than necessary, but I did'nt know what to expect from the divorce process. A disproportionate amount of the mediation conversation focused on what the value of the car actually was.

I could say more about the mediation event, but should let the ink dry and have the court finalize matters first. I am just so relieved I don't have to let my machine go, I had to post. I had alluded a few months ago I would have an announcement about my car. I am glad it is this one rather than the other route of having to post a for sale ad..

·
Addict
1,250 Posts
Sorry to hear about the divorce and unpleasant experience that goes with it, but glad to have you back so to speak.

·
Vendor
3,102 Posts
"Why are divorces so expensive? Because they are worth it." Congrats on keeping custody of the "kids"

·
Registered
437 Posts
The Exige is your faithful, true, fun, reliable Lab Retriever -- even after a period of being left alone, it will always be there for you.
The Jag (and IMO that partic XJS coupe is the best looking of the XJS lot) is the hot looking woman that, like a ....hot looking woman, will inevitably let you down, disappoint and/or strand you.

You could do worse ;-o
Best of luck going FORWARD

·
Registered
290 Posts
Divorce is a tough situation. Breaking two people apart can be like "tearing flesh" especially if there are cherished possessions involved. I'm a long way away from where you are but please let me know if you come my way. Our family can show you some good midwestern fun!

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
...you know, i would have offered to put the Exige into my name to hold it for you just so it would be protected!!! I mean, the court can't force you to tell something that doesn't belong to you, right? =D

...so does this mean you will be available for drives and hang outs now?!?!?!

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS on the divorce.
I don't know your sitch but sounds like you were more worried about keeping her happy than keeping you happy. Marriage is a two way street you sometimes go different directions to get to a destination.... Maybe she forgot where you were going maybe you did... In the end all WE really every have is ourselves. And YOU need to be happy! You can't make or keep someone else happy. Enjoy the cars and enjoy the next chapter...peace

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts
Awesome dude! Good to hear you were able to keep the car!

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks guys, There is something of a peace dividend that comes after the finality. It has honestly been hanging over my head for years... so. now to get back to me. I am driving the Jaguar and parking it in NC and grabbing the Lotus for a couple weeks. One interesting fact was that whilst all interested and concerned parties were focused on the Lotus, it took almost all the attention away from the art. Naturally she got to keep her substantial jewely,( I never wanted her to have to sell any of it) but I got to keep all my art. That also was a big deal to me personally/financially. There are a few more variables, of course, but once the dust settled, I realized things more or less went my way. Of course my expensive attorney did her expensive attorney magic! The best part is we remain amicable.( both ex wife and attorney) heh

1 - 17 of 17 Posts