The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Zdculus,

Don't cut out a hole in the rubber grommet for the wiring as suggested above. Remove the grommet and the wires from the hole in the head light housing. You can then take a pair of medium sized long needle nose pliers and insert them through the hole in the grommet with the original wires still in place. Then open the pliers as wide as they will go and you will be able to substantially open the hole in the grommet without damaging it. While holding the pliers open you can then feed the HID wires in through the grommet. I installed both low and high HIDs in my '06 Elise and made all of the electrical connections inside the head light housing with the original grommet to seal the hole. I did however have to remove the cheap silicone grommets from the HID wires to do this. The original Lotus grommet is made to fit the hole and is much better than the grommets that come on the HIDs and you can't get the original wires into the HID grommets as the wires are all in separate holes through the grommets.

Dave

1 - 1 of 1 Posts