The Lotus Cars Community banner

81 - 94 of 94 Posts

·
because racecar
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
I'm not sure it was ever run at the strip before the sequential was added. The 9 sec pass was done with a no lift shift setup

·
because racecar
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Can you explain what no lift means? I'm not really educated into the sequential stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The gear controller cuts power quickly instead of having to manually lift your foot from the throttle during upshifts.

·
because racecar
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #86

·
because racecar
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
There's nothing quite like a sequential upshift

·
because racecar
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
Still ironing out bugs, but things are coming along. Things are on track to run it at a test n tune autocross in about 2 weeks, and Putnam Park / road course should be in the works for no later than July. I suspect it will take a good bit more testing and tweaking to get the car 100% for that sort of usage but it is coming along.

Various little things. More, gauges, catch can, oil cooler. Modifications to the motor mounts (had the left one shear at tx2k this year and the oil pan puncture when it shifted and made contact with the subframe!) Only ran the car on low boost up and including the breakage. Trapped 130 something.

The car runs surprisingly cool.

The geartronics / blipper has been problematic. Not sure if there is an issue with slop the barrel in the trans or something similar but it is hard to get consistent readings from the barrel sensor for blip/cut timing.

The wing makes a massive difference in the sketchiness, breaking loose, grip factor.

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
Do you think the wing helps or hurts in the 1/4 times? Just wondering if the additional grip outweighs the added drag.

·
because racecar
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Id assume it hurts. It feels slower but it sticks and is a ton more stable

·
Registered
145 Posts
Dallas,
I am starting my own Honda turbo swap. Couple questions, you are still running stock cams? And you cut the clam your self for the wider wheel setup? any advice on that?

Thanks!

81 - 94 of 94 Posts