The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Stilling doing God's work
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was cleaning my Elise today and saw on the door a line opening within the starshield. In that spot, the plastic can be pulled off.

What do I do?

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
I was cleaning my Elise today and saw on the door a line opening within the starshield. In that spot, the plastic can be pulled off.

What do I do?
You have starshield on your door? You have to start posting pictures of this stuff.

Anyway, the only "fix" for the starshield is replacement.

·
Stilling doing God's work
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pic attached. Not really door as I just looked at it, bottom panel near driver rear tire. Seems to have starshield. Its not a scratch, as when touching it plastic or clear stuff can be pulled off it seems.

Attachments

·
Registered
542 Posts
That picture doesn't help me figure out where you're having an issue, but as mentioned you can either replace the entire piece or carefully cut out the damaged area. This would prevent it from continuing to peel back. Is that small silver spot damage all the way through the paint?

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Ohh, rear quarterpanel infront of rear tire.

Yeah, basically EVERY Elise/Exige is gonna have atleast mild stone pelting there.

When there's enough damage to the starshield that you feel you wanna replace it, do so.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts