The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and I hate them for it.

It's technically not available yet but if this comes to market, I think I will have to get it.

Detroit 2008: HUMMER HX Concept - Autoblog

I suspect it will be polarizing but to me, it's the Elise of trucks. Playful, child-like styling (a vehicle cannot look like this, it must be a toy), small (smaller than an H3) and talented (will compete with the Wrangler).

It gives me a tingly feeling that makes me self conscious that I'm looking at it from a work computer.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
dont get too upset :)

June 3 (Bloomberg) -- General Motors Corp. said today it may drop its Hummer unit, as surging gasoline prices turn buyers away from the hulking sport-utility vehicles that generated profit for the automaker and criticism from environmentalists.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dont get too upset :)

June 3 (Bloomberg) -- General Motors Corp. said today it may drop its Hummer unit, as surging gasoline prices turn buyers away from the hulking sport-utility vehicles that generated profit for the automaker and criticism from environmentalists.
The original article I found about it suggested it would be a more eco-friendly Hummer (E85, smaller, lighter, better mpg) than traditional Hummers. You're right. It probably won't see the light of day. But there is a chance it could be the direction toward which GM/Hummer moves rather than totally giving up on the breed altogether.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
I appears to court expensive manufacturing in the name of looks without benefit.

The skid plates look "stylized" and I don't see any other benefit to that. The hood handles are useless. Etc. Etc. Etc. It does look cool, but count me out.

xtn

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Since it looks cool and like something people would actually buy-

I wouldn't count on GM bringing it to market. They will just foist more crap like the HHR out there.

·
Registered
591 Posts
That really is a cool concept!! GM build it with a diesel !!!

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
eh, looks like they're losing their ass for good reason

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
The original article I found about it suggested it would be a more eco-friendly Hummer (E85, smaller, lighter, better mpg) than traditional Hummers. You're right. It probably won't see the light of day. But there is a chance it could be the direction toward which GM/Hummer moves rather than totally giving up on the breed altogether.
E85 and eco-friendly should never be used in the same sentence.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Please say they will have it in 6 speed manual. :drool:

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I'd rather have an FJ Cruiser.

In fact, I hate GM so much I rather have this, or anything else Toyota:

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
its a very cool vehicle....ive seen pics of the underside and it has a lot of undercarriage protection..the fenders are removable which also helps in offroading...(tight spaces, wont dent ur fenders if theyre not there).
the approach and departure angles are insane, as is the breakover angle.
i believe they were going to use some of the same diff components as the h3 alpha, which would be super strong....
this thing if they release it would be a hell of an offroad vehicle stock, not to mention what a few mods would do.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
it's not bad, I like it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts