The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A 16 year old boy whose had his license all of two weeks caused an accident today involving my BMW M3. :mad:

He came into traffic hitting an old Camaro, which then of course swerved into my lane hitting me.:thwack::thwack:

Thank god for his insurance it wasn't the Lotus at least.:crazyeyes

DAMN FREAKI'N KIDS!!!

And no, there's no real point to this thread, just venting.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
I'd be pissed too. However, the first day I had my license I backed out of my driveway into my neighbors Lexus which was parked in the street. Have some sympathy for the kid; his life is going to suck for the next few months.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
my brother drove throught the garage door the day he got his license LOL

·
Banned
3,227 Posts
Sorry to hear. Been there done that. Got hit by a drunk 16 year old kid few years ago, who had just got his license the DAY BEFORE, while I was in my then brand new 911. :(

Glad to hear you are safe, Doc. :)

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Sorry to hear. Been there done that. Got hit by a drunk 16 year old kid few years ago, who had just got his license the DAY BEFORE, while I was in my then brand new 911. :(

Glad to hear you are safe, Doc. :)
wow that is horrible. sorry to hear about that

·
Banned
3,227 Posts
wow that is horrible. sorry to hear about that
Yeah it was bad. Hit hard enough (while I was stopped at a red making a right turn), that he flipped my car over and lodged me against the traffic signal. 6.5 months of physical therapy, soft tissue damage, broken windshield glass on eyelid.

Lots of pain:(:(

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
OMG! a couple years a drunk hit me and my dad by running a red light and t-boning us. turned out he was 3 times the legal limit and in the passenger seat he had a garbage can with a twelve pack on ice and a beer open! this was at 12 in the afternoon too!

·
Banned
3,227 Posts
OMG! a couple years a drunk hit me and my dad by running a red light and t-boning us. turned out he was 3 times the legal limit and in the passenger seat he had a garbage can with a twelve pack on ice and a beer open! this was at 12 in the afternoon too!
Yup mine was 930am in the morning. Supposedly the kid partied all night, and was driving home.

It was empty roads, and he ran a red light and veered and hit me T bone, while I was at the corner of the intersection and no cars around.

Karma I suppose, since I am such an A hole in real life.

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will say, the kid was nice about it and I ended up feeling sorry for him. At first, I thought maybe he had taken off, but he parked about a block further down and came running back to see if we were all ok. His parents were there before the cop, LOL.

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:D Any pics of the BMW doc? Time to get the new M3?
That car has sentimental value and I won't be getting rid of it. I'll take some pics later.

Luckily, I called their insurance agent and they've already been informed, their policy is up to date and they are taking full responsibility....so far.

·
Banned
3,227 Posts
Get some CSL wheels out of the deal :D Looking forward to the pics.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
For the sake of consistency, the M3 will now need some form of forced induction once the repairs are made.

Glad you are okay.

Noble

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
For the sake of consistency, the M3 will now need some form of forced induction once the repairs are made.

Glad you are okay.

Noble
Good point. Dinan, here I come.:D

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
A 16 year old boy whose had his license all of two weeks caused an accident today involving my BMW M3. :mad:

He came into traffic hitting an old Camaro, which then of course swerved into my lane hitting me.:thwack::thwack:

Thank god for his insurance it wasn't the Lotus at least.:crazyeyes

DAMN FREAKI'N KIDS!!!

And no, there's no real point to this thread, just venting.
that sucks, hope you get everything taken care off ASAP

1 - 20 of 23 Posts