The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Maybe we can get a group mod session discount to get those things surgically removed?

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
I want the whole car to be painted with reflective paint. Then you wouldn't need reflectors. :D Glow in the dark car! Kewl!

Actually, my choice of colors would be a pearlized white.

z

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kind of not related, but a car can't be reflective. I know shiny looks cool on concepts (e.g. Audi Avus), but large reflective surfaces aren't allowed for obvious reasons.

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
transio said:
I wonder if we can order "reflectors on the side" ??? :p
By "on the side" I mean separate from the car (as in hamburger w/ pickles "on the side") - not attached to the sides of the car.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
just slap on a set of these fender flares to cover them up...

Attachments

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
transio said:
Estimated cost to shave 'n' fill 'em?
Just what WERE you referring to????:D

·
Registered
592 Posts
The reflectors look terrible in flash photos, but I was wondering what they look like in real life. Can one of the lucky visitors to LA tell us give us their impressions. They are still likely to be accentuated by the bright lights in the hall. We don't have to like them, but maybe they are less objectionable in real life. Clearly Lotus went to an effort to create these special reflectors just for us Yankees, maybe we should love them:rolleyes:

·
Registered
111 Posts
After thinking about it for a little bit, it dawned on me that the reflectors are actually a ploy to take our minds off the price increases.

"Quick! stick on some tacky reflectors, they're talking about the price increase on elisetalk.com again!"

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Clearly Lotus went to an effort to create these special reflectors just for us Yankees, maybe we should love them
I think I would love them more if I could peel them off and put them in my trunk! :p

I'm guessing that they won't look so terrible in certain colors... Bordeaux Red Pearl as one of the colors. The red rear reflector should blend in nicely and only the front yellow reflector would detract.

After taking a look at the 23 pictures that Dan posted (in another thread) I have to admit that I didn't like them. But after I saw the green car with the flash photography (where the reflectors are glowing) I've come to realize that they are necessary since there are plenty of idiots on the road that won't "see" you unless there's something reflecting back at them!

That said (and after having been hit by inattentive drivers twice in the span of 3 months) I think I will keep the reflectors on my Elise...

Bob K.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
I agree, they don't look flush, and look as if they are just stuck on. Lets just pray!!! Can someone who is visiting the show ask this question please!!

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
I think the concensus is that there is a rather large hole, and that they are wired with LED lights.

·
Forum Founder
29,080 Posts
They are definitely screwed on and there is a wiring hole for the LEDs. You would have to do some patching. The reflectors were an answer to a federal requirement.

I actually think they do not look that bad, but they do in some of the flash reflecting photos.

They do stick out about 1/4" thick. It was mentioned by Lotus that autocrossers may want to to keep an extra set on hand if one was prone to hitting cones.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts