1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
The lower front end looks a bit tatty for such low mileage car.
Mileage has nothing to do with that. That's the most vulnerable part of the car. One too-steep driveway approach and you have a rash problem. I would want close-up shots before I made an offer on that car, but likely it's just cosmetic.

That said, I don't understand why everyone doesn't just invest in a splitter. Not only does it protect from rash, it covers up minor past abrasions while adding good looks.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I seriously considered that aubergine as well as the one located in Georgia, both have been for sale for a couple months now, but both had gnarly rash on the lower front.

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
Unless you guys are seeing totally different photos than me I don't see what the major issue is here unless there are cracks running upward. I love the rare color but I wouldn't like keeping it looking clean and swirl-free.

If I was interested in this car I'd simply use that minor defect as a negotiating point, knowing that a good body and paint shop could fix it at a reasonable price... then I'd cover and protect the front with a good splitter and even the repaired area wouldn't be seen anyway.

A nice CF splitter matched with CF side scoops and a hardtop (a CF hardtop would be awesome) would transform the look of that car from cool to incredible.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Funny how people see different things, I've seen this color in person on a car that used to be local and think its awful. I know why it's rare....

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
Funny how people see different things, I've seen this color in person on a car that used to be local and think its awful. I know why it's rare....
How true! For me I'd never consider a BRG (looks like Army surplus), but I'd give my left nut for Polar Blue!

·
I Have Commitment Issues
2,911 Posts
i tried to buy this...the car is being brokered and the owner basically told me to f*ck off when i said the car needs about 3k worth of body work and his asking price was too high. oh well, it wont sell unless he lowers it into the mid to high 20s

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
i tried to buy this...the car is being brokered and the owner basically told me to f*ck off when i said the car needs about 3k worth of body work and his asking price was too high. oh well, it wont sell unless he lowers it into the mid to high 20s
If, and that's a big if, it's all that except for only the lower front damage, I don't think the asking price is too much. If it's just severe rash I'd think a good shop could fix it for less than a grand.

Of course then you'd have the problem of finding a splitter...:D

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,689 Posts
Could be worse.............Could be Autumn Gold.....( Same Color as THIS )

Attachments

·
Registered
582 Posts
seeing as I own a purple elise I guess my opinion is skewed. But the color really fits the exotic look of the car. I have not heard of someone not liking it once they have seen it. I dont think I would trade it for another color at this point.

·
Registered
978 Posts
i tried to buy this...the car is being brokered and the owner basically told me to f*ck off
Aren't you used to that reaction yet? It's the same one you get from me every time you ask if you can buy my car. -poke-

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
seeing as I own a purple elise I guess my opinion is skewed. But the color really fits the exotic look of the car. I have not heard of someone not liking it once they have seen it. I dont think I would trade it for another color at this point.
i posted the thread because AP was my first choice of color when shopping. Bordeaux Red Pearl was #2. Love the look of the purple. It's a really pretty car that needs a nose job.

·
Elise newb
342 Posts
There is a very good Aubergine with about 7800 miles for sale in Tucson.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Is there a hardtop on that car? Does it have StarShield?

I could not find either in the description or pictures. I have a local body shop that would fix that damage perfectly for about $1600. Then, add a splitter and off to Chuforia for a new clear bra.

Basically, just get ready to spend about 2.5k to 3k on it on day one if it has a hardtop. Otherwise add even more. I know of a perfect condition Nightfall Blue here in ATL that will be going on the market in better shape than that one which would require no money and it will be for the same amount or a little less and has an owner that may negotiate.

·
Registered
978 Posts
You do know I have a silver elise sitting in my garage right now, so someone didnt tell me to f*ck off lol

hey you have my offer, just hurry up and take it. Every day it goes down lol
Trade you for purple, lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts