The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard of new discussions concerning potential problems with changing out the pulley on a Katana kit.

I for one am running a 3.2" pulley, and will be logging A/F again shortly...but from watching the gauge I know I am in the mid 11's from low 12's on WOT...so the problem isnt running lean. Of course this is on a charlie pre-carb 2006 tune, supposedly the richest.

Must be heat...? Whats the scoop?

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
Firstly 05 and 06 tune are not the same, so it has to be more specific.

I haven't actually tested a smaller pulley size, but i did deliberately make it richer to allow leeway, how much leeway depends on what you change, where you live, fuel type etc.

But most of all temperature change has to be carefully watched, a freezing cold day in the midwest isn't the same as a blazing hot day in summer, thats the biggest issue and why i test our tunes in death valley

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Deleted....a question that will never be answered as there are too many variables involved.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good to know that the master himself has addressed this issue.
This has been addressed before...its somewhere lost in the "search" space...

I just think its good to have multiple threads on the topic for ease of searching in the future.

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Well, I too have been running the 3.2"Pulley on my 06 Katana, along with the stock ExigeS CAT & Muffler. All my A/F's look to be good as well. I've run in 30 degree temps and colder, which should actually cause my numbers to be leaner. I'm also seeing 11's & 12's with 93 octane.

The real question will be answered in the summer when the Intake temps and the charge temps start going high up. I'm hoping that my Aquamist setup will act as a safety net just incase.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts