The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 200 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,971 Posts
I'm more interested in the fact that new homeowners are going to have to pay for their wheelie bins.

·
Registered
572 Posts
This is good news, it opens up the position for Swizz Beatz so Lotus can finally be taken in the right direction.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well if they were to look for a new CEO lets have this Man for Lotus he is level headed, good business sense, good interpersonal skills, great customer relationship skills, knows how to run a tight ship yet still bring in new products without destroying a brand

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,684 Posts
:clap::clap::coolnana::nanner::nanner2::UK:

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
While some of us have disagreed with the direction that Lotus is going under Bahar's leadership; hopefully there can soon be some semblance of stability for Lotus.

vincesf

·
3Xtothe0[]
489 Posts
Well, say goodbuy to Lotus! Packing it up and shipping it to China seems to be the plan, won't be the same company if they do, Danny was just a distraction...

Better not crack the clam, replacement parts might get harder to find...

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
I just don't see this as good news.

There will be even more turmoil, there is no central authority - right or wrong, Dany had a vision - and a vacuum of leadership is not a good alternative.

If they wanted to change direction, better to have a new person lined up. You can't run things by committee. The current owners have had years to decide whether Dany's vision was good or bad, and the board is as responsible as he is for whatever the outcome is. Yes, it's easier to blame a single person, but someone approved the operating plans each year, saw the results each year, approved the funding each year, etc.

New product in the US is years away, and this isn't going to accelerate the process.You change or you die. Porsche Cayenne, Ferrari wagons, four-door Astons (again; if you count the Lagonda - talk about ugly!), smaller Rolls-Royces, Land Rovers mostly driven to soccer games, etc.

Well, say goodbuy to Lotus! Packing it up and shipping it to China seems to be the plan, won't be the same company if they do, Danny was just a distraction...

Better not crack the clam, replacement parts might get harder to find...

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Lotus already had the perfect vision. Make lightweight cars for a premium. Who else in the car industry can sell 1900 pounds for $75K? Less materials+premium price. Lotus still managed to get respect because they were beautiful, and achievable to own by the average joe(<$100k). Danny Barrfs vision to take Lotus upscale ruins everything Lotus is/was/couldbe. Not to mention that Lotus would struggle against upscale competition. Who would pay lamborghini prices for a Lotus?. Thank god danny is gone.

Get the new exige some airbags, and sell it in the usa as a road car. HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!???????

Oh and kill the 1.6 elise. That is a brand killer. Dont pander to treehuggers, as they dont buy sports cars. We want displacement!!!

·
Registered
215 Posts
I just don't see this as good news.

There will be even more turmoil, there is no central authority - right or wrong, Dany had a vision - and a vacuum of leadership is not a good alternative.
I agree. Danny wasn't doing that bad a job. I've followed the brand for many years (had 2 Esprits in the late 80's). There's never been more buzz (or product) around the brand than there is right now. Yes, some of his marketing has been questionable but I'm of the opinion that this is somewhat needed to keep this brand alive in these times. Short of a major player (VW, Toyota, etc) stepping in, Lotus needs a character, someone with some charisma to drive a vision. Otherwise, it will be a footnote in automotive history.

However, we also don't have all the details regarding the latest news. Lotus may have no choice but to let him go.

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Registered
358 Posts
What Lotus needs is a big honkin SUV. Powered of course by a big supercharged V8. Once oodles of wealthy soccer moms have Lotus SUVs, the company will have cash enough to keep cranking out elemental sports cars for the likes of us.

Okay sure it's crazy. But it's no crazier than turning Lotus into the British Lamborghini. That was just stupid.

1 - 20 of 200 Posts