The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I guess im the test dummy on this one. I received the diffuser in a little over a month which was expected. As far as the diffuser it is fiberglass in the center and Cf wrapped around it. The look is very good and the build quality is good. Only thing is that the two 13mm holes need to be drilled by you. The fit was not great. Some holes needed to be enlarged and the piece needed some TLC to get it on and fitted. Also i had to cut the frame holder in half and shorten it because the diffuser comes up higher.

To sum it up. Looks better then all the other diffusers to me. Looks really really good. Great length, tall veins and the little second wing looks awesome. No complaints except for the fitment. Having said that, I have no body shop skills and I was still able to fit it pretty easy. Enjoy.

Would i buy it again? Hell yeah.

I can get better pics when my bro comes on Tuesday with his nice camera if needed.

·
purveyor of lightness
4,170 Posts
First off - GREAT color ;)

Looks pretty damn snazzy!

Did you happen to weigh it to see if it's heavier/lighter than the stock aluminum piece?

Trying to imagine what it would look like on a car that doesn't have an open rear grill space...

Great job!

·
Registered
6,646 Posts
so if it's fiberglass wrapped in CF, it's heavier than either fiberglass and/or cf? Is it actually much lighter than stock aluminum?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Diffuser looks alright.

However, wheels that are different colors on either side ****ing RULE.

I LOVE IT SO MUCH.
wow I was going to say the exact opposite, not a fan.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The diffuser is heavier for sure. I didnt weight it because I didnt wanna even know but it is a little heavier. Im not sure if it would fit with the stock back grill because is comes up higher. I have to shorten the height of the panel eliminator.

As for the wheels, thanks for the compliments. I didnt post he wheels because i know on this forum some wont like it. You should see it in person though it looks crazy. The white side has white then silver flake then blue pearl, very faint though. Just adds a little touch. Blue side is 350z blue, silver flake and blue candy over that. I know not all will like but i love it and i have had more compliments on the car now then ever before.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Aaron,

It looks so good, and not because i sell it haha. I would rather have the type 2 then the one I have.

For all those commenting on the weight, Have you ever taken off the stock diffuser. Its a tiny thin aluminum piece. These are much larger, and are completely solid, its not flimsy like the stock one.

Aaron, A+

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I will try to get the weight sometime this week. It is true the aluminum piece is paper thin and much much smaller. I love this piece and it really helped finish off the look i was going for.

As for the wheels:cool: I was nervous to post them here. I didnt wanna be called a ricer and laughed out of here. Like said i think it does work with the car so im very glad other lotus owners dig them.

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
i always wondered how that diffuser looked. I like it. :D

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i could get those for you guys mid week no problem. When i got it i didnt think it was gonna be much larger but after i put in the last bolt and stepped back:D is what my face looked like. Its large and i was worried about getting out of the drive way which is a rounded curb. I was able to get out without problem. I had a friend watching and he told me I had plenty of clearance. My front lip has less then 1/2 inch-eek- when coming out of the drive way.

·
Registered
933 Posts
i could get those for you guys mid week no problem. When i got it i didnt think it was gonna be much larger but after i put in the last bolt and stepped back:D is what my face looked like. Its large and i was worried about getting out of the drive way which is a rounded curb. I was able to get out without problem. I had a friend watching and he told me I had plenty of clearance. My front lip has less then 1/2 inch-eek- when coming out of the drive way.
We did the same thing when we put the type1 on. It looks huge, but since it angels up, you have nothing to worry about.

Are car is quite low, and the front like to kiss the ground a lot :eek:

·
Registered
2008 Exige S240
3,072 Posts
Didn't realize the wheel color was side specific, very innovative.
I like it, but don't like the horizontal wing connecting the vanes.
I looks superfluous.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts