The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Its too bad my cousin still isnt at Dartmouth or i would be coming up there.

·
Super Moderator
3,113 Posts
I can make it. Perhaps we tie this in with a foliage drive and a stop at the Flying Goose, etc.?

I added this event and the drive there to the NEMOLL calendar at

https://sites.google.com/site/nemollcarclub/events

As always the driving portion is only open to members of Lotus Ltd.

·
Super Moderator
3,113 Posts
Jeff, some ideas:

- Leave early for a morning drive to grab brunch somewhere before the show.
- Gather in Hooksett (close for the 3 that might go so far) and take back roads
- It's at least 2.5 hours. Add an hour for brunch and we could still be there noonish - with an 8 or 9 am start.
- We could stop for dinner on the way home at The Flying Goose

Dartmouth Formula Racing

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jeff, some ideas:

- It's at least 2.5 hours. Add an hour for brunch and we could still be there noonish - with an 8 or 9 am start.
- We could stop for dinner on the way home at Home

Dartmouth Formula Racing
Shaun- Sounds great to me. Whatever your up for. I am going to set the day aside. If you want to plan the event that's great.

I like the idea of start early and do breakfast.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2005 Elise #3395, Chrome Orange, BOE tune, Exige wheels, splitter
344 Posts
Jeff, some ideas:

- We could stop for dinner on the way home at The Flying Goose

Dartmouth Formula Racing
Shawn,

If I'm back from Montreal in time, I will make the drive/show. LMK the start time and place.

Noel

·
Premium Member
2,171 Posts
There was a fairly lengthy article in the local paper here today about the club and event, and one of the organizers promised that "about 6 Lotuses are coming up from the Boston area."

I don't know what route you are contemplating, but I would avoid Route 4 between Canaan and Enfield as it's all ripped up for construction. This may limit your travel options considerably (it's limited mine on a daily basis for 6 months).

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
formula 1? ...really

·
Super Moderator
3,113 Posts
There was a fairly lengthy article in the local paper here today about the club and event, and one of the organizers promised that "about 6 Lotuses are coming up from the Boston area."

I don't know what route you are contemplating, but I would avoid Route 4 between Canaan and Enfield as it's all ripped up for construction. This may limit your travel options considerably (it's limited mine on a daily basis for 6 months).
Thank you, very much. Info like that can really help planning. I had planned on taking 4A to Enfield. We wouldn't pick up route 4 until about a mile from I-89. Sounds like that side is OK?

If you know any good places to grab breakfast or an early lunch in that area, let us know!

·
Premium Member
2,171 Posts
Rte 4A and the section of Rte 4 near I-89 are a little bumpy but OK.

There's a place called The Fort on Heater Road, just off Exit 18 on I-89. It's a truck-stop kind of place but they have good breakfasts. A few miles up the road (Rte 120), Jesse's Restaurant does Sunday brunch. There are a bazillion restaurants in Hanover but parking can be scarce. If you want to eat there, I would leave your cars at the event site and walk back downtown (not far). Not sure about hours on Sunday but Lou's is open for certain.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Why does mother nature always have to ruin the fun for our Lotus... Then the next thing the sun finally comes out late afternoon or later than predicted weather.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm Eric from Dartmouth Formula Racing, I've been emailing with a couple of you. You all missed a great day, but we're planning on having another show in the spring with our 2013 competition car and would love to see your cars then. Please email [email protected] with your contact info and we'll let you know about the next car show!

Eric

PS--We were told today by an owner of a 1970 Camaro that of the ~265 trophies they've won, ours were by far the most creative and best. Hope this is incentive to get you guys out next time!

·
Super Moderator
3,113 Posts
Why does mother nature always have to ruin the fun for our Lotus... Then the next thing the sun finally comes out late afternoon or later than predicted weather.
Same as the last drive. I'm starting to get a little annoyed at having to drive around with the top on.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts