The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out AiM's product MX2E (AiM MX2E)

Question: Website indicates that this product is "new Plug & Play Dash Logger kit specifically designed for Lotus Elise/Exige 2011-2019 models". Does anyone know why it is not compatible with Elise 05-10? I own a 05 Elise! Looking for your thoughts and feedback Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oldmansan: Much thanks for your prompt response. I have learned that not all Elise are built equally, the differences are in the minutia!

·
Premium Member
1,278 Posts
I have spoken with one of the vendors that is working with AIM on this product. The current version is only for the V6 ECUs. They are currently working on one for the Black Dash cars but it has not been released yet.

Later,
Eldon

·
Registered
740 Posts
I've fiddled with Elise ECU signaling a little bit, and in the US, we have three different protocol variants in those things. 05 and 06 have a throttle cable, 07 and 08 white dash cars have electronic throttle, and 09-11 black dash have a slightly different CAN protocol than 07, 08 despite being the same functionally. For example, an 09 cluster won't work in an 07 Elise for this reason, and vice-versa.

So, if AIM wants to support more Elises, they will have to create variants of that dashboard for each of these categories of cars.

I have a 2007 Elise myself, and contacted them for information, and they said they're working on it. I hope they actually do it, as this thing looks awesome.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I've fiddled with Elise ECU signaling a little bit, and in the US, we have three different protocol variants in those things. 05 and 06 have a throttle cable, 07 and 08 white dash cars have electronic throttle, and 09-11 black dash have a slightly different CAN protocol than 07, 08 despite being the same functionally. For example, an 09 cluster won't work in an 07 Elise for this reason, and vice-versa.

So, if AIM wants to support more Elises, they will have to create variants of that dashboard for each of these categories of cars.

I have a 2007 Elise myself, and contacted them for information, and they said they're working on it. I hope they actually do it, as this thing looks awesome.
Just a clarification, the 08 Exige is black dash, isn’t the 08 Elise black dash as well? Are black dash 08 clusters similar to the 09-11’s?

TIA, -Ed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
You got that a bit wrong, 05 has throttle cable, 06-07 are DBW and white dash. 08 and on is black dash.

Reactions: marcinr
1 - 7 of 7 Posts