The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is probably one of the more minor complaints one can have, but glare on the instruments has been aggravating. The speedo and tach are generally OK. It's the stuff on each side that is difficult to read on a sunny day. I am considering removing the glass and having non-glare glass cut to size. I don't know if the glass is integral to the instruments and can't be separated. Anybody know? Also, am I the only one with this issue?

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
In my experience good polarized sunglasses remove about 90% of that kind of reflected glare.

·
Registered
396 Posts
In my experience good polarized sunglasses remove about 90% of that kind of reflected glare.
When I wear polarized glasses I can't see my stock Alpine sat-nav screen very well, so YMMV.

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
When I wear polarized glasses I can't see my stock Alpine sat-nav screen very well, so YMMV.
Good point. I also have to take them off when I read gas pumps or other polarized images.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I saw Jeremy Clarkson complain about this in his test drive of the Evora, but I've yet to have dash console glare anywhere near as bad as his was on the show.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I saw Jeremy Clarkson complain about this in his test drive of the Evora, but I've yet to have dash console glare anywhere near as bad as his was on the show.
We get better sunlight here in Florida - doesn't glare B-)

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Illegal Alien
5,092 Posts
Knock on wood. Its my single biggest complaint, the rhs display is nea worthless

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Polarized sunglasses are normally the perfect solution. However, for the Evora they won't work. Our two small side instrument cluster pods are angled towards the driver and this additional angle causes the LED/LCD screen to be blacked out because of the polarization. How do I know? I have always had all of my prescription sunglasses polarized. Let's just say I now have one additional pair always in the car that are not.

The funny part was the first time I got in the car with my old sunglasses on, I freaked because I thought the side clusters had gone dead. As soon as I removed the glasses, I realized it was just the polarization effect.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
I have polarized oakley's and I can see all of my screens. The side ones dim a touch but nothing horrible, I think part of it is your seating position/head angle relative to the screens.

I tinted my windshield with crystalline and went down to 20% on the side windows, and it helped reduce a lot of the ambient light bouncing off the gauges.

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
I cannot say I have ever noticed excessive glare. I have seen others complain, but so far I just don't see it.

·
Premium Member
6,866 Posts
The side pods are rarely viewed by me and are never that hard to see. Maybe pioneer0943 drives a lot of east/west. Not joking here. West in AM and east in PM will cause light to be behind you a lot thus overwhelming the lighting on the dash.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts