The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have only had my car a week. Dimmer switch on the steering column worked first time I wanted to put dash lights on BUT now its unfortunately not doing anything. I have only driven it at night twice so last night I entered my car, dash lights were off. Held in the button and nothing happened. Fuse? Ideas? Thank you! Keep in mind i also have the issue with my rpm tell tale light lit red constantly. It never goes off. Even when the cars off / on / running / not running.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Disconnect and reconnect? Should this be done for any particular amount of time? Also this will not screw up my fob right? Thanks sir lotus :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you have not done so already, disconnect the battery.

Michael
I disconnected the battery for 3 minutes, hooked it back up and same issue. I also tried the tach reset with the door open holding in the dimmer switch while turning on the ignition. Any other ideas why i have no dash lights? They worked first few days I had the car! :(

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
I disconnected the battery for 3 minutes, hooked it back up and same issue. I also tried the tach reset with the door open holding in the dimmer switch while turning on the ignition. Any other ideas why i have no dash lights? They worked first few days I had the car! :(
So the procedure for tach reset is: hold down dimmer while turning on ignition?
Will this fix a stuck tach needle?

I don't have any advice on your end.
-Robert

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I had this happen to me too. I was able to reset it by leaving the driver door open while holding the dimmer button... and then turn the key to the on position..... or something like that. The important part was that the door had to be open. Crazy!

·
Registered
3 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, for cars equipped with airbags, before doing this reset you should pull the footwell fuse C3. If you don't, you'll find the reset will blow the fuse. On some Elises, the setting of the trip display also may be involved in the reset. If your display reset is unsuccessful, try toggling the trip meter to it's alternate position and try again.

·
Registered
6,937 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, for cars equipped with airbags, before doing this reset you should pull the footwell fuse C3. If you don't, you'll find the reset will blow the fuse. On some Elises, the setting of the trip display also may be involved in the reset. If your display reset is unsuccessful, try toggling the trip meter to it's alternate position and try again.
Nonsense :crazyeyes
Michael

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Michael,
Guess Australian workshop manual is incorrect then. Anyhow, just trying to help a fellow Lotus owner.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts