The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Less is Better
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a noob to Lotus ownership. I have a few questions that I haven't found answers to by searching. If it's out there, I'd appreciate a pointer.

1-My 2005 has only 4300 miles on it, and for the most part, it's very solid. But I do get some squeaking and rattling from the dash over broken pavement. I've solved similar issues in my previous car by strategically putting some felt pads in known rubbing spots. Is there a DIY for such a thing on this car?

2-I love the seats, but my back doesn't. The lumbar bladder is a little too high up. Before I go out and buy a generic lumbar cushion I'd appreciate some suggestions.

3-The 06 had some braking system upgrades that eliminated the dead zone in pedal travel. Is this an available upgrade to the 05?

Thanks for putting up with the noob questions.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Here is a post on how to move the air bladder up higher and pad the bottom and lumbar area with more padding. I did the mod by taking the seats out and glueing a more dense upholstery pad that was about 1/4 inch thick down. I used duct tape to check the pads to make sure they fit before I glued them. The poster uses pieces. I just used a larger piece for each seat. I doubled it up on the bottom and lumbar area. LOTS better when completed. I pulled the leather top cover of the seat toward the top and still left it attached and then placed the padding and glued the pad and then the leather back down. Same with the lumbar bladder- just pull it over and hold it in place before you put the padding down. Easy with the seat out.

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f92/seat-rebuild-kemmler-air2gel-foam-25711/

·
Such Administrating
6,860 Posts
I'm actually going to tear apart my seats today. I'll be doing a rebuild and will post pics when done.

I have a few rattles I need to chase down as well, I just haven't gotten to them yet.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
1. Expect a LOT more..........:tadts::UK:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts