The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, i am new to this forum. I just got my 2008 elise and am upgrading my stereo. I am installing my component speakers for the front and would like to hide the frequency box under the dash. Could someone tell me how to remove the dash?
thanks in advance

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks

is it possible to remove the airbag cover without breaking the bolts becoz i am a long way from the dealer

·
Registered
803 Posts
plastic pins designed to break on air bag door

The plastic pins screw into the back of the airbag door and insert into holes in the front dash frame. They break deliberately when the airbag is deployed but the door itself is restrained by two Nylon web straps.

The under side of the dash makes a great place to mount the crossovers and other wiring. Mine are mounted to one side because I mounted the amplifier where the airbag module is mounted, hence the gap on the right side.

The tweeters are mounted on pods, so the wiring goes through the dash at the far extremities.

The clearance at the bottom center for the wiring is tight and care must be taken when reinstalling the dash.

Fun stuff.

Michael

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just some friendly advise: buy extra tabs..if you have never reinstalled your dash, you may only need 4 tabs but if you screw up like I did you will need to use another set until you get the install right. It looks easy, but you don't want to drive around for a week with tape holding your airbag cover on.

·
Registered
143 Posts
damn dash is noisy with all the bumpy roads we have here. sometimes i want to take it off to see if there's anything that can be done to lessen the rattle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts