The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can the dashboard sections behind the drivers pod be removed from the top? Or are they attached from underneath? Since some items are just secured with velcro, I was wondering if I could remove them and access the area under the dashboard on the drivers side.

Attachments

·
Registered
498 Posts
The Pod is velcroed I removed mine many times. Start at the top center work your fingers down the sides and it pops off ;)

·
Registered
359 Posts
How do you remove the access panel in front of it?
I don't think you can...without removing the dashboard. On my car at least, it's loosely bolted down in one central location. Wish I could remove it though...then I'd work out a way to hold the f***er down properly!

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
I don't think you can...without removing the dashboard. On my car at least, it's loosely bolted down in one central location. Wish I could remove it though...then I'd work out a way to hold the f***er down properly!
Why the heck do they call it an access panel if you can't access what's behind it without removing the dashboard.. Retarded.

Oh Lotus, you never cease to give me reasons to hate you... First gave me a couple of good popknots with your weak rear dampers (waiting on part), then you pinch me every time I squeeze the door handle to open the door (fixed loose trim), then you deny me cool air as I drive in 101 degree heat (fixed AC leak and recharge), and now you tease me with access panels that do no such thing. So I can't really install my HD Radio unit as easily as I thought I could! Anyone want HD Radio? LOL

·
Registered
498 Posts
The one in front comes out with the dash. It cant be removed without damage. It must come out with the dash.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The one in front comes out with the dash. It cant be removed without damage. It must come out with the dash.
OK, I'm confused. Which one are you calling the one in front that comes out with the dash? I don't want to try and remove the wrong one.

·
Illegal Alien
5,009 Posts
The round one behind the instrument cluster can be removed. Others need the dash to be pulled.
Round one ?? Or curved one?

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
Take a look.
I wonder if one of those 2 wiring harnesses have anything to do with my guage cluster problem?:huh:

You say it is just held on with velco?

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
Squid

Thank you for posting all the service graphics

Your post of the steering column was very helpfull when I went to get my clicky steering wheel fixed.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Np :)

Hey if anyone can figure out how to remove those other panels without the dash, it'd be great. I really can't believe the dash has to go out to do it. My mind is bended.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts