·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Attachments

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,689 Posts
Just DL the trial version....now I have to figure out what to do with it. :shrug:

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The problem with any tool that is so powerful you can do ANYTHING, it also trying to make it simple and easy to use. I think we accomplished that. Use the content sensitive help wizards!

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One cool thing about the tool is you can simply take a picture of your dash, pull in the image and animate the needles. Here is an example of the Lotus Elise dash being used-

Attachments

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
The problem with any tool that is so powerful you can do ANYTHING, it also trying to make it simple and easy to use. I think we accomplished that. Use the content sensitive help wizards!
+1 As a beta tester I can say that the wizards are fantastic and while the may not be idiot-proof they certainly are idiot-resistant :)

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Check out this unsolicited comment from our very first paying customer. :)

"Randy & all,

Wow!

I am seriously impressed. The power and flexibility of this thing is just astonishing. There are so many different configurations with this software I wonder if I'll ever find its limitations. I don't want this to sound like a corny testimonial but I haven't found anything that's not to like.

Thank you for an amazing product!

Dave Heinz"

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Plus the driving is a little "entertaining" too. :)

This driver ended up having a very bad accident. I mean really bad. And he is working on creating a video of that.

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
YouTube - Rolf BW High

Keep in mind this is the low-res compressed to crap. Click on the video and then click on HD to see the better video.

This video shows Buttonwillow track 13CW from a motorcycle perspective, and then custom gauges done. The interesting thing is the use of the GPS created track map that is shown as a ghost image on the video.

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
We will soon be adding our own data module to the website. These were released to production today and we expect to be shipping in 3 weeks.

The data module connects to a supplied GPS antenna. There is an RPM input. And there is an analog sensor input (for something like throttle position, steering angle, or what have you).

The module can also accept data from other data acquisition systems that can output via RS-232. There will also be an optional OBD cable for connection to the OBD port.

The module takes in all these sources of data, GPS, RPM, Sensor, external data acq... and merges all the data into one stream and then sends it to the ChaseCam video recorder. The data (along with the GForce data) is embedded into the MPEG file transparently. All in one file.

When the file is read by our Dashware product, it will automatically sense the data in the video and create a database of the numbers. When combined with a template and your custom gauges (or our supplied ones), this will automatically create a video with data overlays.

The newest version of Dashware adds analysis tools for querying, segment timing, etc. And more to come....

Price for the module with the Dashware suite is MSRP $490.00. We will be demonstrating the products at SEMA and PRI.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts