The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone install aftermarket gauges or monitor parameters such as boost level, AFR and fuel trims for example? I'm specifically interested in the stock supercharged 2ZR engine. I assume it's OBD2.

I am interested in specific AFRs per boost level. For example, what's the air/fuel ratio at 2, 3...5, 6... psi? I assume the fuel trims would be around zero given that the car is factory tuned.

I ask as I have a 2ZR, turbocharged in my Yaris and I am making 8 psi (max boost) and would be within the outputs of the Cup series of cars (220 - 260 BHP). As such, it makes sense to me to target similar values in my tuning.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have some logs from a friend who runs a 2ZR car at approx. 300bhp. It's currently a little on the rich side and needs a map tweak, but he's hitting around 11.5 AFR at 10psi.

I think anything around the low 12s is what you should be aiming for.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have some logs from a friend who runs a 2ZR car at approx. 300bhp. It's currently a little on the rich side and needs a map tweak, but he's hitting around 11.5 AFR at 10psi.

I think anything around the low 12s is what you should be aiming for.
Thank you! That is indeed helpful. I am running a crude water/methanol injection kit that I built form various bit and pieces. My piggyback computer - AEM F/IC - has not been able to do exactly what I want and that is probably in large part due to the fact that I have more learning to do. I am investigating other options. I agree that low 12s would probably be great, given my fairly low boost. Do you suppose your friend would be willing to let me have a peek at his logs? I would totally understand if he's prefer not to share that.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Thank you! That is indeed helpful. I am running a crude water/methanol injection kit that I built form various bit and pieces. My piggyback computer - AEM F/IC - has not been able to do exactly what I want and that is probably in large part due to the fact that I have more learning to do. I am investigating other options. I agree that low 12s would probably be great, given my fairly low boost. Do you suppose your friend would be willing to let me have a peek at his logs? I would totally understand if he's prefer not to share that.
Yes I'm sure that's fine, they're from an ECUMaster EMU Black ECU so you may need to download some software to read them. DM me an email address or a private way to contact you and I'll get him to send some over.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I'm sure that's fine, they're from an ECUMaster EMU Black ECU so you may need to download some software to read them. DM me an email address or a private way to contact you and I'll get him to send some over.
Thanks again! I think ECUMaster has readily available software. I'll pm you my email address.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts