The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Vendor
6,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope Dave doesn't mind, but I thought I would post up some pics of his car... I asked if he would mind if I plastered some specs and pics of his car on BOE, and he was nice enough to send some pics and specs my way... His car is so perfect right down to every little detail that I just had to post. I've never actually seen his car in person, but his pics tell the story real well. I've got a bunch of them on BOE now...

- notice things like 'painted' stripes (opposed to stickers), mesh grills, side scoops, etc... All this stuff is really going the extra mile..

Here's a link: BOEFabrication.com | Beyond Original Equipment

And some teasers...

Best,

Phil

Attachments

·
Registered
645 Posts
Very nice. It says standalone was tuned by you phil but you have never seen the car in person. Is it just a pre done tune?

·
Vendor
6,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very nice. It says standalone was tuned by you phil but you have never seen the car in person. Is it just a pre done tune?
Correct... Dave has tweaked the base map to work best with his car. It's a bit of an 80/20 thing. I built (with some collaboration from Kris at DRS as well) the base map (VVTL map, fuel map, idle, spark map, temp corrections, etc) which is 80% of it and then Dave has done the last 20%... The base map will certainly make the car run ok but to really nail it for down for the specific car, it takes some input from the end user. I believe Dave layed down 285whp with an untouched "base tune" to put it in perspective....

The main bits that needed some tweaking were the idle, startup, and part throttle fueling...In other words, the fine tuning...Dave can elaborate more about how much he had to really skew the base map to work best with his car...

Best,

Phil

·
Registered
645 Posts
Correct... Dave has tweaked the base map to work best with his car. It's a bit of an 80/20 thing. I built (with some collaboration from Kris at DRS as well) the base map (VVTL map, fuel map, idle, spark map, temp corrections, etc) which is 80% of it and then Dave has done the last 20%... The base map will certainly make the car run ok but to really nail it for down for the specific car, it takes some input from the end user. I believe Dave layed down 285whp with an untouched "base tune" to put it in perspective....

The main bits that needed some tweaking were the idle, startup, and part throttle fueling...In other words, the fine tuning...Dave can elaborate more about how much he had to really skew the base map to work best with his car...

Best,

Phil
Thanks, that is exactly what i wanted to know.:D

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Dave was nice enough to let me drive his car one time. I can attest that it is as perfect as it appears.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Side scoops? It looks like the fins might be gone but I don't see Exige-type scoops on there.

·
Vendor
6,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Side scoops? It looks like the fins might be gone but I don't see Exige-type scoops on there.
There's a thread dedicated to that mod. dgilmore does the mod for folks... I've got them on my car too... VERY nice!:up:

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Just saw this thread and appreciate the posting Phil - you've been a HUGE help! Thanks for all the kind comments too. Offer to drive the BOE TVS powered car goes out to anyone that wants to stop by.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts