The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Those look exactly like the ramps I bought at a Pep-Boys a couple years ago. No problems thus far with the Lotus! Never tried to use them with the truck and have no intention of trying them with the truck :)

·
Registered
289 Posts
ditto, i have "Rhino Ramps" and they work very well w/ the Lotus, no problems at all. They also carry the same weight limit too.

·
Registered
6,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The reason I am considering the Davric ramps is because once the car in up on them you can remove the inclined section, an advantage, I don't know?
I was wondering if they are as easy to drive onto as the Rhino?

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
The reason I am considering the Davric ramps is because once the car in up on them you can remove the inclined section, an advantage, I don't know?
I was wondering if they are as easy to drive onto as the Rhino?
Just as easy as Rhino's ( I have used both ) . I have never separated the ramp from the pad and I am having a difficult time seeing how you would lift the ramp section once the car is on the block - I suppose you could separate them then use a floor jack to set the block without the ramp!

·
Registered
6,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Check the video in the link.
Just as easy as Rhino's ( I have used both ) . I have never separated the ramp from the pad and I am having a difficult time seeing how you would lift the ramp section once the car is on the block - I suppose you could separate them then use a floor jack to set the block without the ramp!

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Hmmm, I didn't think there would be enough clearance but I am wrong! I have never separated them in use before - I think you will like them...

·
Registered
545 Posts
I have these ramps. Got them at Pepboyz. I have never driven the car onto them. I use a jack and slide the block part under the wheel and use the ramp as a chock. I have never event put them together (ramp to block).
I have broken the yellow thingie that pops up when they ramp and block are not connected.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
It would be handy, easy to roll a creeper under the car with the incline removed.
I have a set of those ramps as well as a set of RhinoRamps. In reality they are the same thing. Same height, etc.

I have never separated the "ramp" from the "block" as I've never needed to. As for them being handy for use with a creeper, think again. The ramps are only about 8 inches tall, and you wouldn't have much clearance for you on laying on a creeper to get under a low car. Maybe for a truck, but then again, I don't need to use ramps to get my truck up for oil changes - I just slide under it as is...

Bottom line is that the two piece design really isn't a big deal, and they function the same as RhinoRamps get which ever is available and cheapest in your area.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
I have these ramps. I dont know how in the hell you would separate them with the car on just because they lock together so tight I have to hit the underside with a hammer to tap them apart.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I just bought a set at Pep Boys on sale today. I drove right up on them, no sweat. I was doing my first oil change and was prepared to jack up if needed.

When the car was up, I tried removing the ramp section and it does come off fine. I didn't need to remove them, but could see that if you were trying to access something near the ramp area, that might help.

One small advantage to my personal storage is I found them easier to store when separated The two lifts are already sort of cube like and the ramps alone form a sort of cube.

I like 'um, but am not sure if they are any big advantage.

:up:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts