The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I've been trolling here for a while and just wanted to say I'm in love with my "new to me" elise!! I purchased from a member here on the forums after going for a test spin an getting the low down from him! I flew in to cali from Ohio and decided to drive it home! So far the ride has been great and I'm getting great with the car as its the first manual I've owned (not driven). By far the easiest I've ever driven! Other than lots of rattling underbody noises this thing seems mint to me!

Well as most of you know this car is amazingly fun and the most fun I've had in four wheels. I still have a long way to go and want to thank the forum as I couldn't sleep cause I was worried about some shady people and theft, but I can see and hear it from the hotel so no big deal.

So far the most excitement was chasing a brand new Shelby cobra mustang through some twisties and out into the straights of the desert where it left me in the dust, we both pulled into a gas station 20 mins later and he had a huge smile on his face! After taking we both learned we were new owners that day, and he had 640+ hp, he was shocked when I told him the elise had 180 (stock non supercharged). Other than that tons of comments and people talking to me or taking photos or driving by... It's insane lol...

Well for my first experience it was everything I imagined and more! Awesome!

05 chrome orange

Oh yes I'm also on an iPhone so this may be quite rough and I will fix it up when I get home :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Congrats. reminds me how i felt when i got mine. Nice looking car. That is a massive picture btw.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yuuuuppp!! Sorry podunks I seen it first :p!!! I'm sure you'll find a nice chrome orange! Ill tell you it's well worth it, I've heard it throws down 10 more hp on the butt-dyno ;)! I do feel I'm spotted more, which means more safety, ugh... And more attention..

Well his was right at my upper price range and I flew across country to get it, worth it as it was pretty much stock and mint!! Also the only color I wanted!!

Well another hilarious part of the trip so far was the kid who worked at Burger King snapping photos like crazy, then told his friend it as a 100,000$ car, he was shocked when I told him what I paid :p,

Well back to the road!

·
Less is Better
2,678 Posts
Your car has 190 horsepower. It's that 10 hp difference from the Toyota application that explains why you could keep up with the Mustang.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Yuuuuppp!! Sorry podunks I seen it first :p!!! I'm sure you'll find a nice chrome orange! Ill tell you it's well worth it, I've heard it throws down 10 more hp on the butt-dyno ;)! I do feel I'm spotted more, which means more safety, ugh... And more attention..

Well his was right at my upper price range and I flew across country to get it, worth it as it was pretty much stock and mint!! Also the only color I wanted!!

Well another hilarious part of the trip so far was the kid who worked at Burger King snapping photos like crazy, then told his friend it as a 100,000$ car, he was shocked when I told him what I paid :p,

Well back to the road!
Hey I had my chance with that car, he wanted more than I thought it was worth without a hardtop, touring pack, or lss wheels. And was an ass about the sale on more than one occasion.

But glad to see it go to a much better owner!! =D

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
Wow that thing really sticks to the road. It's completely sideways! ;-)

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
You go in person podunks and see it yourself? Also I wonder which price you were at with him? Im curious as I thought it was a little high without any of the stuff you mentioned...

Ahh yes 190 hp haha close enough!! Regardless I just figured the mustang would lose traction before the elise so I could follow him in the turns without much concern other than road condition ie sand...

Anyways, back at home and the car is in one piece, right before I got to my first stop my parents place, on their road was 2 deer who decides to run in front of me, luckily I was looking for them cause that would have stunk... Well ill post up some non gravity defying photos of the trip! Good stuff!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts